Disappearing ringtones?Support

Last Updated:

1. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is specific to my phone, or just a general Android thing, but anyway... I like to make my own ringtones. I made a folder on my phone's microSD card, just called "Ringtones", and dragged all the ones I made into it. They all showed up just fine when I browsed through my phone's ringtones to set one.

Today, I got a call, but my phone played some generic little ringtone, and I was confused. I went to my ringtone settings, and it was set to one of the default ringtones. I scrolled down the list, and the one I made that I had set was no longer on the list. A handful of other ones were missing, too, but most were intact.

When I open Astro File Manager, and navigate to that ringtones folder I made on the card, they're all still on there. So why did they suddenly disappear from my ringtone list on my phone?

Advertisement
  2. 0ne1l

0ne1l New Member

I have an issue with ringtones, too... I already got my second ICS update from HTC, but I still have the issue.

I have the issue after I connected to a computer in "Disk Drive" mode. Sure.. the card is disconnected from the phone for this mode, it's OK.. but when it is reconnected after pulling the phone off the cable, my ringtones (which should be from the SD card) are still set to system default...

Sometimes the ringtones disappear also from the list, sometimes they are there but still set to default one till I explicitely set it again to the custom one.

I did a workaround that I created a "Sound set" under "Personalize", next to "HTC Default", both having the same settings, and I switch between them when I have the issue, sometimes it helps, sometimes it does not have any effect either :-( the ringtones are still not those that the sound set shows.

Is it already registered as a bug?
  3. boilator

boilator Active Member

OP - Was your phone plugged in to the USB cable at the time of the call?

I too have a folder on my SD card called 'notifications' and when the phone is plugged in and the SD card is mounted to the operating system (computer), it cannot see the 'notifications' folder because the SD card is not mounted to the phone.

Lator