Disappointed Droid User Needs AdviceSupport

Last Updated:

1. 1shiela

1shiela New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! My first post here...

I recently went back to Verizon/HTC Eris after a two year exile with T-Mobile/Blackberry. Service with T-Mobile constantly involved dropped calls, disappearing calls, lost voice mails, emails, blah, blah, blah. Haven't had any of that with the new service/Droid so who knows if it was the phone or service prior.

I have scoured this and other websites for help with my dreadful Eris and while the solutions worked initially, I suddenly am getting the error "Low on space", again. I click on that message, open app manager, and attempt to clear cache but nothing needs it's cache cleared. I have cleared my browser history. I have no text messages. I have deleted all my email in all folders (hotmail and gmail) and yet in the app manager it shows 'Mail' with 101MB Total and 101MB Data. I have no idea how to clear this and it grows daily. Otherwise most of my apps are in the low 2MB range with Maps at 8.9MB.

Additionally, I am interested in purchasing a new phone and getting rid of this Eris. I don't have the time or interest to spend trying to fix the problems, I just need a phone that works and works well! I need a phone with app capability, excellent camera with flash and HD video, email, web, texting, etc.... I use the phone for personal use. Can you suggest a good phone that won't break my bank (I'm not due to upgrade for another 15 months and am satisfied with Verizon).

Also, I'd like to purchase a new phone for my 10 year old for Christmas. I'd like to find a touchscreen (same situation, 15 months to upgrade).

Thanks for your advice,
    Lis

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

its talking about the amount of internal storage left to store apps in, which the eris has very little of. without apps2sd or c2c (root or roms) you're left with frantically trying to clear cache like you have been already which is a poor alternative.

cache cleaners are you best bet as they get rid of the drudgery of digging through the sluggish apps menu.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I don't know how much you actually want to spend, but if you are getting the upgrade price I would recommend any of the newer Android phones from Verizon over the Eris. Everything else available has superior memory and processing speeds and you should not see those types of issues with them. The Incredible, Droid X, Droid 2 (if you want a physical keyboard) and Fascinate (if you can do without a notification LED) are all very nice phones.

4. 1shiela

1shiela New Member This Topic's Starter

Thrawn, I understood that already and given the low on space message, I can not load any apps; I was looking for some specific information on a phone to purchase to replace this one.

Vincentp, I am not in the the upgrade period (15 months to go) and I would like to stay under $300.