• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointed in battery life

jackroo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2012
I got my 5X new in July and have had nothing but problems with the battery. It's to the point now where it's ridiculous. I have literally tried everything: app using up too much battery check, cleared cache, battery saver mode, doze on the go (total joke), factory reset and just yesterday I swapped out the battery for a new one. Made no difference so I put the factory one back in. The problem I'm experiencing in particular is unusual drain. I wake up at 6am and read news. Keep in mind I have Bluetooth, wifi, etc off and brightness very dimmed plus the little night mode turned on. I browse news without watching video and after about 10-15 minutes of reading articles I'm down to 90℅! If I use Bluetooth and stream music on my way to work I'm down another 5℅ so when I start work after texting I'm down to 80. I've never had this with any other phone. I have to practically leave battery saver mode on and manually check it for mail. At lunch I was down to 45℅ today after just texting: no videos, games, etc and Bluetooth off, wifi off and screen dimmed. I look at what's using the most battery and it says screen Does the battery life just suck or am I missing something? Also, I'm running official 7.0. Does anyone know if beta 7.1.1 fixes battery? I'll try anything at this point to help battery life! It's a struggle to make it through a day.

Could you share some screenshots of your battery usage screens? I'd like to see both the screen with the list of what's using your battery as well as the detailed chart that you can access by tapping the smaller chart.

You might try clearing your cache partition - if it gets corrupted, it can cause all sorts of issues similar to what you're experiencing.

I'd also like to know if rebooting into Safe Mode has any effect on your battery drain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones