Disappointed (TMobile UK)General

Last Updated:

1. ChrisEvans1001

ChrisEvans1001 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    We've got a business account with 3 lines using their business one plan which shares the minutes and texts across all 3 lines. Upgraded to a new phone on all 3 lines around 5 months ago. Rung them today and asked to upgrade to Flext 40 on each contract (a fairly substantial monthly increase from what we're currently paying) in order to get the G1.

They immediately said that I would have to pay which I was expecting anyway since we've already upgraded. She passes me through to the "team" who proceeds to tell me that because I've upgraded once this year, they won't sell me anymore phones even if I offer to pay unless I return the current one as faulty or report it stolen!

So now it seems I'm stuck admiring it from afar. The phone itself isn't as visually appealing as the iPhone but I would go with a Google solution anyday over Apple :)

Oh well!

Any other phones in development?

Google should've really pushed for this to be a phone available across the board and without buying into a contract. I'm assuming it's not actually made by TMobile much like their other "own brand" phones?

Chris

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

I believe all of the "t-mobile branded" phones are made by htc, including this one. As far as buying without a contract, I'm sure that will be available to you in the future.

3. RobFisher

RobFisher Member

That's a real shame. I find it hard to believe that a business would refuse to accept money from a customer. If you sign up for a new contract, they can't lose. I'd try calling back. A different person might tell you something different. You could ask to escalate the call to a manager. There must be *something* they can do, it might just be that the person you called couldn't be bothered.

4. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

Break it or report it stolen. Problem solved.

(Dishonesty is ok if you're fighting injustice. The idea that they won't even SELL you a new phone is just stupid.)

5. g1tube

g1tube Well-Known Member

Even better........buy a few faulty handsets on ebay to exchange and sell your 5 month old phones to recover some costs for the G1's