• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointed with Nexus experience

falbhan

Jun 2, 2010
Had my new G Nexus for a couple of weeks now and have to say I'm disappointed with the experience. Had a great experience with my Nexus One but it's now a little long in the tooth.

So my question, without going off on a rant is...

Any way to get updated to 4.0.4 from 4.0.1 without losing all data, settings and other personalized stuff? I thought all Nexi were the same but it turns out if you have a yakjudv you don't really have a true Google experience and therefore have to wait indefinitely for somebody other than Google to issue updates that fix the large and small bugs in ICS.

Any info appreciated. I've searched and found too much info on the subject but not a yes or no answer to my question. And, I fully understand that I could invest hours of my time and lose all personalization to achieve 4.0.4, I just don't want to do that unless it is the only choice.

Thanks,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones