• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointed with Zagg Shield

I made the mistake of trying to clean my Zagg with rubbing alcohol. Before cleaning it, I got some weird residue on it. Then the alcohol actually etched into the surface. I took it off and am using cheap Fellowes Wrightright protectors. They get scratched up pretty easily, but I put 2 of them on it so I just replace the outside one when I need to.

Upvote 0
A week ago I received the Invisible Shield from Zagg in the mail and was very excited. I read the instructions, saw some installation videos on youtube and after 1 hour of preparation i was ready for the install.

The installation process is a nightmare as you have to apply the solution while keeping the shield from sticking to itself and its a PIA to align correctly. I installed the back cover first and after many tries I had it correctly aligned but it didn't fit perfectly meaning there were areas that the shield did not cover completeley such as corners which are the most prone to damage. Next I installed the screen protector OMFG what a POS. It had bubbles all over even after using the squegee card. I thought I'd give it a few days for them to clear up as Zagg claims that within 24 hrs they disappear. They did not go away and it made the screen look bad especially on a white background. Needless to say the smaller pieces are also a nightmare to install. Anyways, today I saw my phone and got tired of looking at that Zagg crap and at the sticky feel it gives the phone and took it off and went back to what I had before.

I had the siliicone case from the sprint store and the screen protector from the sprint store which had worked perfectly since november: not a single scratch and no dust problems. So really beware of the Zagg products, at least I got it for free so it didn't hurt to throw it away.

I had problems doing mind so I became fed up took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it only to have the rep there put it on for a $13.00 fee. It is perfect now with the exception of one small curve on the back side. I still have a week left so I may take it in before the 30 days are up and have them redo it. I enjoy having it on.

Upvote 0
I had problems doing mind so I became fed up took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it only to have the rep there put it on for a $13.00 fee.

I ended up doing the same, after trashing the one I ordered online. :(

I have used InvisibleShields for years...and LOVED them. Before ZAGG changed the application fluid. The original fluid had just a touch of something soapy, so that it never got dry on your fingers. Application was a breeze for me, and I put one on my Treo 650, 680 and other devices.

My recent purchases for my Hero and (very first) iPod will likely be my last. I *hate* it when a great product's company is purchased by another entity who mucks it all up...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones