Disappointed...Support

Last Updated:

1. skoutariotis

skoutariotis New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm disappointed! Promoted as one of the most powerful smart phones and seems to be, and one that DOES apps, but no 'real' solution to sync w/Outlook w/o using a middle man 'Google' and all the solutions out there are either lousy at best or don't do w/o Google and none does everything; email, tasks, calendar and notes!
    Very disappointing! My whole world is on outlook!
    Just migrated from the BB Storm witch was able to totally sync w/my outlook right out of the box w/o purchasing anything extra!
    It's sad!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

These are Google phones so I do not know why you are expecting them to promote MS applications. That would be completely strange.

3. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

You can download touchdown from the market, I think that will sync outlook.

I believe you stll can get touchdown free, can someone remember how?

4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Of the three people I know who jump into Android, my DX is the only one that DOES sync with exchange. Maybe I just got a good one.

5. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member

I don't understand. Out of the box, I put my corporate exchange credentials in "Corporate Sync" (under "Accounts") and have been perfectly syncing email and calendar since. What am I missing?

6. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

Mine works via exchange just fine. As far as I know, the 2.2 update will fix the outlook issues as well.

7. Seankm

Seankm New Member

I have the exact same issue. I Just got my Droid X two days ago and was coming from a BB Storm. I'm rather disappointed on the support for Exchange. However, Touchdown does work for me. It has a 30 day free trial, then its $19.99. I'm hopping the new update will fix a lot of the MS exchange issues with android so I don't have to buy the app.
    On a side note the Droid x is way better than the Stom but there are some major things I miss. Like having the home screens switch to landscape. (and not having to use some crapy app to do it like on the X)

8. skoutariotis

I'm no longer in the IT industry, so I don't have exchange.

9. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

So, in other words, you're not looking for wireless activesync across Verizon's 3G network, you're looking for Activesync (Windows Mobile device center) support across an USB connection.

If that's the case then yea Android does not natively support that.

10. skoutariotis

Disappointed....

Ladies and Gentlemen, please read the post. I don't have exchange, we're talking JUST sync w/Outlook w/o a cloud, JUST PC sync.
    Now having said that, I found DeJaOffice, works perfect for me, just will cost me $40 one time fee, and it's worth it if it works, as it does! It even synced any photos for those contacts.
    Anyone looking for syncing Outlook; contacts, notes, tasks, calendars, look into DejaOffice, it's worth the money!
    It has a 30 day trial before you buy, so you can see if it works on your phone.