Last Updated:

1. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 26, 2010
    So I uh... spilled a bit of an "adult beverage" on my Captivate last nite. Dang cat... :mad: Nothing went wrong w/the phone... save for the power button & the volume rocker... They were a bit... sticky.

I was able to get them cleaned up a bit using a razor blade & some alcohol wipes, but I was wondering if anyone's done a tear-down yet? I removed the 4 screws in the back beneath the battery cover, but got nowhere...

2. no driver

no driver Active Member

Jun 21, 2010
  3. cshelton575

cshelton575 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I just followed the teardown on techrepublic and got mine apart, my screen was busted and i'm ordering a new one, but to answer your question you need to remove the hidden screws under the bottom piece of the back that holds the battery cover on, if you slide one side of it down and keep the other side up you can get to the screw with your small screw driver, then repeat on the other side, then flip the phone over and use a very very then wedge or an very small flat head and carefully pry the side cover away from the screen all the way to the top, then do the same for the other side, then pry the top and bottom away, just be gentle so you dont break the bezel. I'll add the link to the guide I used, just start from the first pic and hit next pic and read each description, its a rough walkthrough.

Samsung Captivate (AT&T Samsung Galaxy S) Teardown | TechRepublic Photo Gallery