• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disconnect phone with bluetooth (or other)

Lykkepillen

Lurker
Oct 15, 2014
Hi all,

Skip to the red headline for the actual question without intro

I have 2 phones, one for work and one for private use. I have had to carry them both around for quite some time now and have recently had an idea that might be able to help me and others in the same situation out. I don't know if the method already exists or even if it's possible and so I ask here.

Question
Would it be possible to have the two phones connected through bluetooth so that when they are near eachother they are both open to incomming calls but when I go out and they lose the link between eachother my work related phone will disconnect from the cellular network (or simply reject calls) forcing them to go to voicemail or in my case redirect to my private phone?

Does this already exist as an app or setting?

Hope you can help and feel free to move the thread if it's created in the wrong catagory (new to the forum :) )

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones