• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Thanks for the link. Same thing when trying to flash the tu_sprint_stock_recovery.tar

I have all the options on except reset time and debug only. I have the OPS file and it sees it on COM10 but can't get past <1> setup connection...

What did I do to the phone by running this:
# dd if=/sdcard/amss.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
instead of this:
# dd if=/sdcard/amss.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
???

Upvote 0
You Data Dumped the baseband to a partition that does not contain the baseband. Overwriting whatever was on that partition.

dd if= of=
'Data Dump In File= Out File='

The dd command is a very powerful (and potentially dangerous) command. It indiscriminately transfers raw data from one location to another.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. Same thing when trying to flash the tu_sprint_stock_recovery.tar

I have all the options on except reset time and debug only. I have the OPS file and it sees it on COM10 but can't get past <1> setup connection...

What did I do to the phone by running this:
# dd if=/sdcard/amss.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
instead of this:
# dd if=/sdcard/amss.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
???

As lordvincent90 said you over wrote a partition with the baseband. We don't know what partition 4 does and you might have to send your phone to Samsung for repair, its free of charge just that you'll be out of a phone for 2-3 weeks

Upvote 0
You Data Dumped the baseband to a partition that does not contain the baseband. Overwriting whatever was on that partition.

dd if= of=
'Data Dump In File= Out File='

Thanks, so is there no way to fix this that anyone is aware of? I only followed the instructions how they were written. Like I was saying before, I can power it on but only have a notification light. I cannot see anything on the screen (even when trying download mode) but Odin does detect it. The only thing is when I try to flash any .tar it hangs in the Message window on <1> setup connection...

Upvote 0
As lordvincent90 said you over wrote a partition with the baseband. We don't know what partition 4 does and you might have to send your phone to Samsung for repair, its free of charge just that you'll be out of a phone for 2-3 weeks

Thanks, my phone is on Ting but I guess it shouldn't matter if I call Samsung directly. I really hope it is free of charge. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me though

Upvote 0
Thanks, my phone is on Ting but I guess it shouldn't matter if I call Samsung directly. I really hope it is free of charge. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me though

Call Samsung they will send you a prepaid shipping label via email. Just go to your nearest ups store and buy a 99 cent box and ship it

Upvote 0
Hmm, ok...that means it's not detecting your Ultra as an Ultra and is aborting the install procedure.

Just a minute, and i'll comment out the device check line.

EDIT: Ok, here we go, new file.

Revised quick and dirty instructions:
1. Download the file to the SD card.
2. From the main menu, go to "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > basebandFF27v2.zip > Yes - Install basebandFF27.zip".

ok now im updated with this thank u so much bro!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
With the phone 'on' (and connected to pc) open command prompt and navigate to where your adb is. Do
Code:
adb devices
see if your device shows up

Yeah, no device shown. Weird how Odin can see it being detected and not (I didn't have them on at the same time, just tried after I saw adb not notice the device)

I only had it on and didn't press the buttons to put it in download mode either.

Upvote 0
STOP UPDATING BASEBAND's

Guys all of you that are still on a lower baseband stop trying to update your baseband to FF27. With all the random request and flooding of the thread at 2 the morning on how to update baseband and crap has resulted in a brick phone. Do not try to update your baseband using our instruction guide in the thread because that way you have to do it via adb shell or terminal emulator and one little typo can screw up everything. Odin is not an option right now as we're experiencing a littler problem there too.

Now

If you want to update your baseband use Xaelith's cwm update zip what will update your baseband safely. You can download a Sprint/Boost baseband from his post and flash it in cwm. His download links are here They are also available on mobile via the Goo manager app. Just go to browse all files select dev and look for my name "Chevanlol360" then tap on it and tap the megatron 6.0 folder. There you will find a Baseband folder that contains the flashable zip that Xaelith's made for us to update your basebands to the latest version.

Reactions: xaelith
Upvote 0
I keep getting this while booting up.
20120909142138.png

Upvote 0
It powers on but no screen and only the notification light. Odin doesn't see it and the three finger salute doesn't put it in download mode. This is after I tried the Sprint Baseband before seeing the posts about the txt file being incorrect

I'm in the IronDust Web IRC mentioned earlier #Transform-Ultra

your phone have to be OFF! when you do the three finger salute

Upvote 0
I keep getting this while booting up.
20120909142138.png

wth i didnt send out an OTA, must be samsung. go to /cache and see if theres an update.zip there copy it and uploaded it and send me the link. you on sprint?

EDIT:
never mind i know whats wrong do not download that update from samsung. the build.prop says your on FD11 instead of FG11 i'll push out an OTA update for sprint to fix that.

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones