[DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}ROM

Last Updated: 2015-05-01 02:42:45
  1. Mako 230

Mako 230 Well-Known Member

But how do you know to check voice mail? Anyway I figured it out. I restored the stock zv5 and found it has vtt sprint and sprint vm. Seems I needed both for notifications to work. Thanks again.

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

From past phones I got notifications.
  3. dirtysouthdroid

dirtysouthdroid Active Member

Does anyone have the 1.0.0 version of the rom? I had it on my SD card but accidentally deleted it. I think I will flash initial release because my MMS queued with that version. Thanks!
  4. Herb87

Herb87 Active Member

Chevan, quick question, what happen if I flash the rom without wipe data?

Stupid auto correct
  5. chevanlol360

Nothing but I suggest you do it for the best performance.
  6. chevanlol360

Wipe data then try sending an MMS to yourself on 3g/4g wait at least 2-3 minutes.
  7. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

Using chrome and boat browsers all i get is authorize download with no captcha.So i'm unable to download. Any ideas?
  8. Mako 230

Yeah I had that problem too. I finally downloaded it on my desktop and transferred it to the SD card.
    monticello likes this.
  9. Techlord

Techlord Well-Known Member

So I rooted my f7. How exactly do I install this ROM?
  10. Mako 230

the instructions are at the beginning of the thread. Pay attention to the prerequisites. Are you familiar with cwm recovery?
  11. Techlord

I know the instructions are at the beginning... Its that I have never flashed a ROM. I only am familiar with rooting. I never messed around with cwm.
  12. sortoh85

sortoh85 Well-Known Member

U can YouTube how to install a room, and just fall the instructions but at the end make sure it's our rom
    Techlord likes this.
  13. Techlord

OK but do I need to connect it to the computer to install the ROM?
  14. sortoh85

Techlord likes this.
  15. Techlord

16. sortoh85

Hope it help
    Techlord likes this.
  17. chevanlol360

Thats a pretty broad Video to Post for this/any Phone lol.

Techlord lets get specific

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f7-all-things-root/829374-root-cwm-optimus-f7-fx1.html
    First follow everything in this thread. you said you are already rooted so obviously skip the root part lol.

Then when you have PG CWM installed come back the This ROM's thread and follow the instructions in the second post on how to install. easy peasy?
    Techlord likes this.
  18. Techlord

It did. I'm going to do more research on flashing Roms before committing 100 percent.
  19. Techlord

Wow I just noticed that you replied to me. Thanks.
  20. Techlord

I go to the download link and it doesn't let me download. I click on the "authorize download" and nothing happens.
  21. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

Same with me, but after trying many times I finally got the green download
    Techlord likes this.
  22. Robrev6

Robrev6 Active Member

Hey I have an Optimus f7 on us cellular. What do you mean by vz5? If it is the build number, mine is jzo54k after restore thanks for help!
  23. Herb87

Herb87 Active Member

VZ5 it's the most recent stock software update. Go to Settings/about phone/software information and verify you have the VZ5. If you have the VZ4 go update before you flash simplicity, otherwise it won't work properly and you'll have to go back to stock to update :mad: and that's not fun...
  24. Techlord

It worked! Thanks Chev! Everything seems to go gone well except for 2 things. Every time I restart the phone it says "secure booting error cause device unlock so boot success!" Is this normal? I'm a noob to flashing Roms so I just want to make sure. And also how come I don't have the "CRT effect" when I shut off the screen?
  25. chevanlol360

This ROM is not for us cellular.
    Techlord likes this.