1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Discover Wifi

Last Updated:

1. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For anyone that has not seen this, there is a new file manager app called Discover that lets you log into your wifi connected phone thru any web browser on the same network. It allows full wireless transfers as well as copying or deleting files and works (so far) flawlessly. Definitely worth a look if you transfer alot of files between your G1 and your computer.

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

I started playing about with this on Thursday night/Friday Morning and must admit I have been mightily impressed with it. Works bloody well and saves having to hook up all the time via the cable. definitely a 5* application for me

3. josh4

josh4 Active Member

Where is this, I can't find it in Market searching for 'discover'

4. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

It is no longer called Discover, it was renamed aFile and there is now a pay version as well called aFile Pro...

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I downloaded this app yesterday and moved some images from my PC to my phone. When I went to look at the images, they did not show up in the photo album. I checked in afile and they did show up in the app, they also showed up in Astro. I had to restart the phone for the images to show up in the photo album and set it as my wallpaper.

I tried again and had the same problem; this time instead of restarting the phone, I hooked my phone up through USB and the disconnested right away ... the images showed up.

Is there a setting or another app that refreshes the SD card? Seems pointless to move the files using the Wifi only to need a restart or a USB hookup to see the files.

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

7. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Do you find aFile is better for this than Estrong's file manager? I haven't tried either yet.

8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I havent tried Estrong's ... does it allow you to transfer files over WiFi as well?

9. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member