Discuss all Moto Droid Razr/Maxx HD rumors/release date/speculation/newsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Well that's a bummer. Here's hoping there's a large difference in specs between Atrix3 and Droid Razr HD Maxx . :)

Advertisement
  2. marlin29311

marlin29311 Member

My guess is that there will be a difference in specs - the Atrix 3' model number is in the 800's - usually reserved for midrange phones. The Razr HD is in the 900's, which usually signifies a top-tier phone.

Though no one knows for sure....I would be happy with the Atrix 3 with the 3300 battery on VZW though...I guess we'll see though.
  3. jhferry

jhferry Active Member

This phone is giving me that Bionic vibe. Remember waiting for that one then it finally came out and the Razr launched a month later?
  4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The difference is that the Bionic was actually shown off as completed months and months before it was finally released. This phone has never been shown or even really discussed by Moto.
  5. red66charger

So true. The 'Bionic' that was shown at CES in January of 2011 was nothing like the 'Bionic' that was released (finally) in September 2011. That poor phone was doomed from the get-go. Didn't it get sent back to development after CES? Too bad...I thought it had a cool name. I had my eyes on it before the Thunderbolt, but to the OP's point...delay after delay. I actually returned my first TBolt as a result of the rumored May 2011 release of Bionic. Then VZW announced they were killing unlimited data plans in July so I bought a second TBolt since Bionic was still delayed.

When I think about it...all VZW has done over the past year is take stuff away from me and refuse to give me equal customer service treatment. I swear I don't know why I'm still with them. I need my head examined. :(
  6. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Isn't the Atrix3 an AT&T phone? Or is it coming to Verizon also.
  7. OfTheDamned

No, it is an At&t phone. It was rumored for a bit that the Atrix HD (3) was going to be the same phone as the Razr HD though.
  8. dirkbonn

There is a thread here for the Maxx HD, although you will find listed as the Motorola Fighter. (Which is what it was known as way back when.) Moby Dick was a minnow then, I think.
  9. dirkbonn

That's what I thought, but then when I saw that post I thought maybe I missed something.

And yes I remember when it was rumored that the atrix3 and the Maxx HD might have been the same. But maybe they will have a similar look. Here's a pic of the Atrix3.

AT&T Motorola Atrix HD (Dinara) officially unveiled
  10. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Maybe OTD can change the thread title to "RAZR HD a/k/a/ Fighter"? Or something to avoid confusion?

Atrix HD on ATT got some recent press:

Motorola Reveals Atrix HD Full Spec List | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Motorola Atrix HD revealed with 4.5-inch Colorboost HD display, ICS and Droid RAZR looks -- Engadget
    Motorola Officially Announced Atrix HD (Dinara), targets business users - GSM Insider - Gadgets news from the insider (some details on Moto's tweaks to ICS)

Let's hope, as OTD mentioned above, that the RAZR HD does not get downgraded like the Atrix.

edit: screen shot of the Atrix HD shows "July 26" so speculate on that;)
  11. supercell

supercell Member

I just got notification that my S3 shipped. I'd like to sell it right away (and continue using my Droid X with the black marks on the screen) and wait for the Maxx HD, but there's still no sign or leak of a release date. Very frustrating.
  12. giper54

giper54 Well-Known Member

Most of AT&T phone releases are on a Sunday except the iPhone and for now the S3. Going on past history a Thursday release (July 26th) doesn't look good but maybe a press release
  13. marlin29311

marlin29311 Member

I seriously think that if we don't hear any sort of news at all before Tuesday, I'm just going to go to VZW and buy an S3....please give us something!
  14. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

If you're that antsy - get the SIII. I can't see us hearing anything until like the end of July - so that the SIII early adapters will be outside their 14 day window.
  15. OfTheDamned

Most of the bloggers are speculating that it hasn't been announced because of the SG3 launch. Personally, I'm still hoping it has to do with Jelly Bean.
  16. OfTheDamned

Looks like it went through wifi certification the other day.

[​IMG]
  17. OfTheDamned

18. OfTheDamned

More benchmarks for a XT925? There is also another version marked XT923.
    International Razr HDs? So we have the XT926, XT925 and XT923.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Motorola RAZR HD XT926, XT925 and XT923 Coming Soon | Cellphone Blog Hope You Like

So are these the phones then?
    [​IMG]
    Blue218 and IHateMyTreo like this.
  19. solo88

solo88 Well-Known Member

The other day? That says March 30th? Do you happen to know how long after this kind of certification a product is intended to launch?

I've had the Galaxy Nexus since opening day and to be honest the battery life is what gets me into situations when I'm out and about. After reading your review I think that the Razr HD (or whatever it's gonna be called) will be the perfect fit phone for me. Not a fan of the static buttons at the bottom anymore ever since I got ICS so it will fit the bill perfectly.
    Everyone is looking at the new Samsung and after this one......I think I'm good. lol
  20. red66charger

I step away for a few hours and...bam! OTD breathes new life up in here...which is kind of ironic, don't you think?

Thanks for the goodies. I almost don't even care about VZW updating their Galaxy Nexuses to Jellybean. I got too hyped up only to be let down with the 4.04 update. THIS is what has me spending too much time on AF. :)
  21. supercell

supercell Member

How much of a time lag is there usually between wifi cert and release?
  22. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

It's entirely up to the carrier and their business plan. They could rush it to market or sit on their butts until they "see" a window that in their mind maximizes sales (like after the S3 comes out and return options expire). Or until Jelly Bean can be installed and used as the latest greatest sales tool.

Thanks OTD for all the new data.
    supercell and OfTheDamned like this.
  23. OfTheDamned

LOL I didn't even notice the date on the certification sheet. I was just going off of the articles I as reading. Nice catch.

Kind of random. Wifi and bluetooth certification usually only confirms that a phone is more or less finished and being tested. With Verizon you know that there are going to be a lot of testing before the phone comes out though. News is usually a good sign. Once new information starts popping up on a frequent basis you can start to expect something.

Very ironic.
    supercell and solo88 like this.
  24. phor11

phor11 Member

So according to those benchmarks, the 923 beats the 925 in every single catagory except SD/reads?

That doesn't seem right...
  25. OfTheDamned

Well we don't really know what the 925 or 923 really are, yet.