• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dish Network sling adaptor

Just signed up with dish and wanted to know exactly what i need to view tv everywhere. I heard i had to have a sling adaptor but do i need a sling link turbo as well?

If you are using a Sling adapter then you must have the Vip722 or Vip612 receiver, either way the receiver has to be connected to the internet. Best way is a direct ethernet cable to the receiver from your router, If you can't do that then you will need the Sling link turbo or a wireless USB adapter. The sling link Turbo is better, all does is allow you to use house electrical for get your internet to another location. It plucgs into the wall socket near your router, you connect and eitehrnet cable to it, it then runs the signal through the electrical wires, and your receiver will pick up the signal through it's plug. So you do not need it only to help get internet to your receiver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones