• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DiskCachIndex#####

namu1107

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Wow... its been a while since I've posted. Moved from Cincinnati to Fort Wayne, and had to settle with verizon broadband (5 gb month) and now I have to monitor my internet usage... haven't been on in a while.

Anyways, My question is on my SD card I have files that are titled DiskCacheIndex##### (the # being an actual number, in a set of five).

Anyone know what that is? And do it need them?

Wow... its been a while since I've posted. Moved from Cincinnati to Fort Wayne, and had to settle with verizon broadband (5 gb month) and now I have to monitor my internet usage... haven't been on in a while.

Anyways, My question is on my SD card I have files that are titled DiskCacheIndex##### (the # being an actual number, in a set of five).

I had read on another forum that "diskcacheindex#####" occur when you unplug your Eris from your computerwithout umounting it properly. You may want to use the unmount feature in your dropdown screen before you unplug your USB.

If this is the case, then it should be safe to delete these files from your SD card.

**EDIT** After doing a little reading, I'm not entirely certain about this. It seems like they are safe to delete; however.

Upvote 0

namu1107, so, you're a Hoosier now, eh? Nice. Well, Ft. Wayne anyway... ;)...just kidding, welcome back and welcome to the state. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks. Ya, I am living in huntington. Its nice and reminds me of where I used to live. Whereabouts are you?

Far-eastside of Indianapolis...its a nice, big small-city... I've lived in Colorado Springs, CO and Heidelberg, Germany before but there's no place like home :)

P.S. I've been to Ft. Wayne a few times for my daughter's soccer games...usually got our butts kicked, lol. Seemed like good folks up there and a nice area too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones