1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Display auto dim....can I disable it?Support

1. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member

When the Evo screen is on for a bit I notice the screen dims, I guess to save on battery life. Is there a way to stop the auto dimming and just have it go straight to a locked/black screen from full brightness?

Thanks ! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Really?

Settings > Display > Brightness
  3. yea, it would have taken less than a minute to go to the settings to find the display menu.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am noticing quite a few people are just completely overwhelmed by the plethora of settings. You arent going to break anything...dive in and play!
  5. Coming from a windows mobile phone, it would take me almost a half h0our to go through all the settings (say if i did a hard reset and wanted to put everything back). With Android, there really isnt that much, I can go through all of them in a few minutes.
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

personally i haven't noticed a difference in the quantity of settings between the two...but i run across alot of people with the evo that have changed absolutely nothing. they haven't personalized anything. and in there notification bar there are several notifications....some days old about updates in the market and some even sprint updates not yet completed.

i've seen the same with other android users...typically in the 40-55 yr old age bracket

it's funny...i run a retail store that deals with swimming supplies and chemicals...and now have a handful of customers that bring in their phones for tech support lol
  7. dricky

dricky Active Member

I don't think any of you are reading his question right. He is asking about after a few seconds of inactivity when the the phone dims down then the display goes off. He wants to know if there is a way to skip the dim down part and the phones display just goes off.
    I personally don't think there is a way but I'm not sure.
    Why is everyone so quick to criticize..
  8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

the temp dim feature is a warning that the screen is about to go off. I am not aware of a way to disable this other than switching the auto off setting to none....and then manually switching the screen off with the power button.

by his terminology it could have been taken either way....and he has not chimed in to clear it up
  9. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member

Correct dricky. I spent a good amount of time trying to find the feature. I didn't. I guess it's built into the OS.

Thanks.
  10. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Speaking about screen timeouts...

I absolutely hate that it skips from 2 minutes all the way to 10 minutes with no settings between.
  11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

agreed
  12. bdub101

bdub101 New Member

I know this is a old thread but my i noticed my phone stopped doing the auto dim while playing with the "power saving mode" option in display settings and also some tests when you dial *#0*#. Not sure what happened to make it go away though.