• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display back light

Amanda77z

Lurker
Jul 21, 2014
Not sure what is going on with my S4 and I hope I can explain the issue well enough that someone can help.

My phone back light used to fade to black slowly and one morning after charging (I had changed no settings) the back light goes from bright to just a second of fade to gone. Where I was able to swipe the screen to get the light back on, now, it goes dark so quickly that when I see it fading, boom, it's off. And I can be in the middle of typing text and stop to think, see it going and immediately try to swipe, and nope, still blacks out on me!

This is driving me slowly insane.

Could it be that the smart stay just suddenly stopped working after a year? I downloaded smartstay+ from app store thinking that was it but no luck.

Anyone have any idea? If more info is needed, just ask, and thanks in advance for all help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones