Display contact type during call instead of numberSupport

Last Updated:

1. andd64

andd64 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I'm using Android 2.1 on the Galaxy S. I have multiple numbers defined per contact, e.g. mobile, work, home. Whenever I make or receive a call, the name is shown, and the phone number is shown underneath the name instead of the type that the number is associated with. Any way to show the type (mobile, work, home) instead of the number itself? Otherwise are we supposed to memorize which numbers belong to work, mobile, or home???

I don't even see any icons, or colour changes that would signify one of the types.

Thanks for the help! =)

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

You can click on the name, which will show you more details on what the phone # is (mobile, work, etc). And then you can click on "Menu" and "Show contact details" which will show you all the contact info.

EDITED to add:

In my Moment call log running 2.1, it shows the name, and underneath it, it shows the phone # and phone type (eg mobile)... does your Galaxy S not show that???

-ok I think you're asking what the phone # is, on the call receive screen... funny I never paid attention to that. Why would you care? Wouldn't you pay more attention to who's calling, rather than how exactly they're calling you?

I guess it *might* be nice to have this feature, but to me it's not all that important, imho.

3. andd64

andd64 New Member This Topic's Starter

well for me it's important cause i have my10 - meaning i have unlimited calling to 10 specific numbers... so especially for those 10 contacts that have multiple numbers associated with them, i'd have to remember which one i have on my10. Plus it's just good to know where someone is calling from, regardless if they're on my10 or not.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

If you have a my10, here's the easy way to deal with them - ask them if they're calling you from the my10 #. If they're not, remind them to do that and hang up, ask them to call you back.

After a few times, I think they'll get the message that you prefer them to call you from a certain #. If they can't oblige, then block them or give them a Google Voice # to call you from, and make that Google Voice # one of your my10.

While it may be a nice feature (rather low priority though), I don't think it's that hard to easily memorize 10 #s, especially of the my10 that you talk to all the time.

5. rockers_dude

rockers_dude New Member

I am having the same issue, this feature was working in my previous Android phone but not working in Samsung Galaxy S 2.