• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display eatting battery

TH1882FC

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
Before i rooted the "display" would feature well below the likes of android system, cell standby and phone idle etc.

However these days it seems to eat my battery at an alarming rate.

Currently my phone is showing 3h 40m since unplugged, display is showing as 59% (this is with brightness set to 25%) and a time on of just 37m and the battery is showing 60% this is from a full charge.

Surely 37minutes of usage should not eat up 40% of the battery... when in standby the battery is great so im trying to figure out if the phone is faulty.

Sounds like you have an undervolted kernel. It's 59% of the battery used not 59% of your entire battery.

Of you're undervolted or maybe even not, everything that uses CPU is more efficient, using a smaller % of battery. The screen cannot be optimised as its light that is using battery not CPU, so relatively it seems more but its actually the same and everything else Is using less.

This is normal on custom roms. Mine is usually 60-70%. The higher % your screen, the less battery everything else is using.

These are good things

Your screen has used 59% of the 40%. So 25% maybe?

Tis a little.high but seehow you go

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, I understand the percentages, i still find it odd that 37minutes of usage can eat 25% of a fully charged battery.

Maybe having the actual percentage in the notification bar is drawing my attention to the battery drain, but i'm sure i should be able to get more than a couple of hours browsing out of the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones