Display is not as bright as other Samsung MomentsSupport

Last Updated:

1. blindnoir

blindnoir Member This Topic's Starter

So I was looking at my friends moment and I noticed that his screen was brighter than mine. I checked our settings and they were identical. The only difference was that I had spare parts installed and he didn't. So I installed spare parts on his phone check settings and they were identical. I uninstalled spare parts turn my phone off and on and his display is still brighter. Is there a way I can reset my phone settings without losing all my info. Or get my screen to be the brightest setting. Me and my friend both use quick settings and the display settings are the same on both phones... its weird. I hope my phones screen isn't messed up.

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Odd. I noticed after using quick settings my screen also looked diffferent. I switched to the toggle from curvefish cause the widget was just to large from quick settings. I need that space til we get more homescreens with 2.1

3. mosiah

mosiah Active Member

Yeah I noticed mine is brighter than my friends and his seems blue where mine seems white

4. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

My screen started "flickering" a bluish color lastnight... Maybe it was cause of a low battery? I don't know. And the phone got warm. But I was browsing the market/looking at wallpapers..... Hope it's good to go... but now my "Battery Life" app isn't reading correctly.... Or is it the "Battery Indicator"? Grrr I hope something fixes this stuff soon!

5. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

JFYI. I've been using QS since the phone was released and have set Auto Brightness Off. Since one previous version of QS (Market currently has ver. 1.8.9 p2) I noticed some inconsistency. The Brightness setting with QS did not match the system setting (Menu > Setting > Sound & display > Brightness). If you adjust Brightness using QS and try to verify the system setting, it will change to 100% brightness. Suggest playing with both methods, QS and SS, to adjust Brightness.

6. Pengwinn

Pengwinn Well-Known Member

Download Beautiful Widgets, and there is a widget in the package called Beautiful Brightness... It works great, my screen is so bright!

7. blindnoir

blindnoir Member This Topic's Starter

I will try to download Beautiful Widgets. However I will just have to do a hard reset on the phone if that doesnt work and see how the display is. That way if the phone display has something wrong with it I can exchange it.

8. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

the vanilla 2.1 for the moment still only has 3 screen the nexus 1 has a lot of features that are not in the vanilla 2.1 such as the 5 screens

9. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

the vanilla 2.1 for the moment still only has 3 screen the nexus 1 has a lot of features that are not in the vanilla 2.1 such as the 5 screens

10. farazars

farazars New Member

for my HTC, i noticed my brightest brightness wasn't bright at all.
    turned out there was a problem with the kernel I flashed when i was installing a new ROM.
    i installed a new kernel and now the brightness is great!
    if anyone has a similar problem with their HTC, search the forums for "green tint" and follow instructions