• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display isn't timing out

So I have been having a problem with my screen not timing out. I have my time out set to 30 seconds but I've been letting my gs3 sit for minutes and it won't time out sometimes. I thought it was a game that I was playing bc once I killed that app it would time out yesterday, but not today. I killed every app except avast anti virus, SwiftKey 3, and advanced task killer. I'm running jelly bean on at&t. Has anyone else come across this and/or know how to fix it?

I haven't and this response is a little off topic but you shouldn't be killing apps and Advanced Task Killer is not doing you any favours. You really NEED to uninstall that as it causes many more problems than it solves.

Remove ATK and do a battery pull. See if teh issue persists. If it does, we can start to look at it seriously but theres no way we can be much help whilst you have a Task Killer installed.

More info about task killers and why they are not good:

Droid Den

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones