display name when you link contacts.Support

Last Updated:

1. urples

urples Member This Topic's Starter

hi, i'm new to this forum and i'm new to Android. i been a happy order of a droid x since July 19.

i'm having a little problem. i linked all my contacts with their corresponding facebook and/or twitter account. i set it so that the facebook is the main display name but a few of contacts are changing to the twitter's username as the display for the contact. how do to make it so the facebook is the default.

all my contacts has facebook is the default but 3 contacts are being stubborn and want to change to twitter.

any one know how to fix it?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

How do you set the display name? I want to use my google contact name for some, but everyone that has a facebook account linked it shows facebook as the contact name instead of the google contact name, it would be awesome if there was a way to change it.

3. jangatang

jangatang Well-Known Member

i just gave up looking for this. looked EVERYWHERE, but there seems to be no answer.
    I link contacts with facebook, that makes their caller ID their facebook prof pic when i wanna put my own caller ID for them. Their names change from nicknames i assigned to their facebook names, etc etc.. SO ANNOYING.
    let me know if you find out how to fix this!

4. urples

urples Member This Topic's Starter

yah, i'm not having any luck on this at all either

5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

It is something that is so minor it can't br hard to add it is an option, I don't know why google overlooked that