Display of next sheduled alarm & date?

Last Updated:

1. dervturbo

dervturbo Member This Topic's Starter

On my previous phones whenever an alarm is due to go off the next morning an alarm icon is shown on the desktop and when you view the keypad lock screen you get the same thing. This meant that last thing at night I could just press a key to get the lock screen and confirm my alarm was set to go off and at what time.

I can't seem to find a way to see this easily on my Desire.

On my lock screen I get an alarm icon to show that an alarm is set, along side the current time in the notifications bar along the top and then I simply have T-Mobile, Current Time, and the current date on the lock bar.

Now I have just disabled all my alarms except for one on Monday morning (this is Thursday as I type) and I still have the same icon in the notification bar and if i click on the HTC Sense clock widget I simply get told that there is an alarm on again coupled with the current date. This means that if i glance at my phone I can't immediately see that my morning alarm for Friday isn't actually set, I have to go into the alarm clock set screen to check.

I have read on another site that one of the changes in froyo was "Lock Screen - Instead of just the time of the next alarm time. It also shows which day."

Does this mean T-mobile have disabled that feature?
    Does anyone else see the date of the next scheduled alarm on the lock screen?

I will have to look to see if there are any apps which can do this although I wonder if an app that messes with the lock screen will also affect battery life.

Now that I think about it I am not sure at what point my previous phones (Sony Ericsson k800i and C905) showed an alarm icon again. So if on Saturday night it showed no alarm for Sunday, but on Sunday morning 00:01 would it then display the icon for Monday? I can't remember ever having noticed one way or another.

Cheers for any info, especially if anyone does actually have the date of next alarm showing on their lock screen.

HTC Desire
    T-Mobile
    Updated to Froyo 2.2 (after T-mob pulled the German version)
    Not Rooted

Graeme

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

On my Captivate there's just a small icon that shows up in the notification bar (next to the time) when an alarm is set. Not sure if that's what you were referring to. Does the Desire not do that?

3. dervturbo

Yes mate it has that icon.. It is there showing an alarm is set but with no indication of when, so It could be set to xmas day and it would be there. I was wondering if it's possible to get it to display the date when the alarm is set for or hide that icon if no alarm is set for the following day.

4. bluedragon7

bluedragon7 Active Member

If anyone has the answer, i'd like to know also:D

5. dervturbo

Just this morning I found out that the "Lock Screen - Instead of just the time of the next alarm time. It also shows which day." refers to the pattern entry screen (presumably password entry screen to). This is exactly what I was looking for but would prefer it on the slide to unlock screen instead of waiting for 5 minutes until it pattern locks the screen. I know I can set it to less time but 5 minutes is a good time and saves pattern unlocking every time I put the phone down for 1 minute while I google something :)

6. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

@dervturbo - I had the same K800i as you and the alarm symbol only appeared the day before the alarm was due.

On my Desire I use Gentle Alarm from the Market. When there's an alarm set, it shows an icon in the Notifications bar. When I swipe to open notifications, it displays the alarm 'profile', day, date and time of the next alarm.

FYI, Gentle Alarm lets you set up profiles for different things. I have one for work, for example, and I can select the time, select or de-select days of the week, and use music for the sound, among lots of other options.

dervturbo likes this.
  7. dervturbo

Thank EE, I'll give that a try :)