• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CosmicMiami

Nov 11, 2010
So last night it appeared as though my phone was hallucinating. Well, I guess you could say I was hallucinating while looking at my display.

I got a rainbow of colors and diminished light on the right. It almost looked like a burn but it wasn't.

Today I can barely see the screen. It is almost all dark.

I'm taking it to the tech tomorrow at the Sprint store. I'm assuming he will tell me I need to upgrade or they will charge me a couple hundred bucks for the repair (maybe more).

The display has been cracked for over a year but worked fine until yesterday.

I saw that I can purchase a new screen for < $100 online and do the repair myself. Trying to convince myself I want to fix this phone. I've been wanting to root for quite some time but now that I'm available for an upgrade, I figured if I bricked the phone I could just upgrade.

Looking for some advice.

Thanks.

You might consider upgrading to the Motorola Photon Q. I almost got one of those myself until I learned you cant swap or pull the battery. So if it gets hot and you cant shut it off, not sure what you would do with it then. And of course cant keep an extra battery for long trips.

But if removable battery isnt important for you, and physical keyboard is, that is definitely an option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones