Display 'scrolls' after displaying HDSupport

1. Eric the Grey

Eric the Grey Member

I've only had my Galaxy tab for a few days, and this problem occurred on the very first day.

My first thought was that this was a problem with the unit itself and I would have to take it back, but after doing a factory reset, I went back to see if I could reproduce the problem. It took me a while but It seems to only happen after playing either HD video, or games with a lot of graphics.

I've got a couple of screenshots and a video I put together using my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the video of this ugly mess in action. The first half is just after it starts, and it keeps getting worse over time until I power off the device

Any ideas? Do I need to take this back and get another, or have it fixed, or is it caused by some setting or software? I've only installed a few apps so far, and all from either the marketplace, or the Samsung applet, so I doubt that it could be malware.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that turning off the display for a time will return it to normal for a while. but the glitch comes back. Actually powering off the device seems to put an end to it until I play my game or a HD video again.

:cool: Eric the Grey

Advertisement
    :
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Ummmm, that is definitely not normal. I'd try exchanging it.