Display setting changing from AUTO to Full brightness!General

1. solorize

solorize Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get the following problem on their HTC Sensation:

I have set my display to adjust the brightness Automatically, which works correctly for a while, then all of a sudden I notice that my battery gets drained a lot quicker. So go back into setting and have a look at the Dislpay setting as somehow it has changed from Auto to Full birghtness !

Does anyone know why this may be happening?
    i.e are there any Apps that I could have got installed on my phone which are known to change the settings for brightness without user intervention from auto to full brightness?

At the moment I have to keep checking each day to make sure the settings have not changed.

Phone Software info:
    Android version: 2.3.4
    HTC Sence version: 3.0
    Software number: 1.50.206.1
    Kernel version :2.3.35-g1e13373

Advertisement
    :
  2. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Random stab in the dark, but could possibly be task killer related if you're using one of those? If so, stop using it as they actually hinder you're battery life and can cause unusual issues
  3. sleepingseason

sleepingseason Well-Known Member

This happens for me sometimes after using the camera app. For those wondering, no, I do not use a task killer. Once I noticed that the tendency was for the phone to do that only upon closing the camera, I made sure that I remained vigilant.
  4. Tink-GB

Tink-GB Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue in the past, although I haven't yet determined the root cause.
    I have noticed like you that going to the camera does indeed switch the display and also the touch function (home, menu, back & search) brightness to maximum. It then doesn't always switch them back ..its not consistent everytime either.
    Perhaps the next version of Android will allow users to control these basic functions.