Display SettingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. earsly

earsly Member This Topic's Starter

I battery has been extremely poor even though I have GPS off, Auto kill, Wifi off.

I'm basically only using Ping chat and GoogleTalk and the battery dies within 12 hours.

I just switched from live background to a static one. I checked my battery usage and it shows it the following:

Display 79%
    Cell standby 6%
    Android System 5%
    Advance task killer 2%
    Android OS 2%
    Phone Idle 2%

What do you guys have set for:

1) Orientation (automatic) is my best guess
    2) Animation
    3) Brightness
    4)Screen timeout
    5) Unlock screen
    6) Power saving mode

Any other advice on maximize battery life. I hope the suggestions work since I love the phone but not the battery life. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Turning the brightness down will help a bit as will using the power save mode and all the other stuff you mentioned. 79% display suggests you are probably just using it a lot. Its common to be on it a lot in the beginning. I notice that on constant heavy duty use the battery is good for about 5 hours. Now again thats screen constant on, using wifi or an app or something. 5 hours with the screen on and device being "used". So basically if you get 12 hours you are probably averaging about 25 minutes per hour with your screen lit for your Ping Chat or whatever you do. So yeah thats the reality. Dialing down brightness and using power save will help a bit but it is what it is.
    BTW, dont use ATK and auto kill and all that stuff. Android manages that stuff for you/us.

3. superAndroid

superAndroid Member

Use the built in Active applications widget, much better then ATK. Also get Brightness Level and turn the brightness down, I've notice I can set my brightness to a very low number like 20% and still see the screen with no problems. Even at 15% I can still see fairly well, at 15% with my Inc, not a chance. I have all the other settings at stock.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'm on the second or third to the lowest brightness setting