Display Text info notification?

Last Updated:

1. gford

gford New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I am trying to help my daughter with her new Samsung Moment for text messages.

If the phone display isn't on and a text message is received it just does a ringtone.

What she would like is more like the phone call. The display turns on and it would display text message and/or who sent the text message.

I could not find any configuration option for this.

All help is appreciated and thanks in advance,

Gman

Advertisement
  2. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

hey there, i should be of some assistance. there is an app on the android market called sms popup, it should allow you to customize the screen to turn on when text is received. beware, the battery could easily go down alot faster. there is another solution should this one be rendered inaccurate; try getting screen mode from the app store, this app acts as a widget that lets you get rid of that pesky unlock screen and allow you to only press the power button to see the home screen(and text message popup). Let me know how things are going and good luck!:D

3. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

oh and welcome to Android Forums! congrats for your first post!!

4. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS is another app that can do this. It turns on the screen (bypassing the unlock screen) and shows you a quick reply box when you get an SMS.