Display time-out resetting and icon disappearingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CmdrBond

CmdrBond Well-Known Member

I have an international S3 on 3UK running 4.1.2

I have experienced the odd restart - normally when copy/pasting large amounts of text in chrome.

Anyway, 2 things are puzzling me.

On a restart I lose 1 of the apps at the bottom of the screen. It is currently Messaging, but it doesn't seem to matter what app I put there or in what position, a restart removes it and just leaves Phone Contacts Gmail and Apps.

This is beginning to get annoying.

The other issue is screen time-out. I normally have it set to 15 or 30 seconds. When plugged in it shows () which I presume means always on.

If the phone resets while plugged in, then for some reason it defaults to 10 minutes! This os annoying as it is killing my battery.

I am considering a factory reset if there are no other options - BUT if I do a FR, will I lose my Angry Birds progress?

I don't currently know of any app that works on a non rooted phone to back up AB. Is there any otherway, like connecting to the PC?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I had the opposite problem lol. I like the phone set at 10mins but it kept defaulting to 30secs.. very annoying.
    Since flashing a very samsung based custom rom, its been fine so im guessing it was the factory reset involved that cured it. It should fix the dock bug too mate :thumbup: