Display will not turn offSupport

Last Updated:

1. rlinkt

rlinkt Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

All of a sudden, my Droid's display refuses to turn off when inactive. I have double checked the display timeout in the Settings, and explicitly set it to 15 seconds. But the display will stay on until the I hit the lock/unlock button at the top.

Perhaps there is another control element that I can't figure out? And why did it suddenly change modes? Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rtillaree

rtillaree Active Member

same issue here...did you update to 2.0.1? didn't have this issue before the update, but since the update the little things are starting to mount...

3. rlinkt

It happened without the upgrade. I have to assume it's a bug. The handset would start to dim, then go full bright and just stay on. Power cycling the device got rid of the problem.

I have to say that compared to the Droid, my previous blackberry was rock solid.

4. shwey

shwey New Member

I'm having this issue too. What's "power cycling"? How do I do this? Problem randomly started last night - it's so annoying.

5. rlinkt

Just power it down. I do not remember if I went all the way to removing the batter or not. Then power it back up. That took care of my problem. Hopefully that's all you will need to do as well. Good luck!