1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Display Won't Automatically Turn Off?Support

1. redteam

redteam New Member

Hey folks - my wife and I both have Optimus V's.

Hers will not time out and "go to sleep" - that is, the screen is always on.

I went into settings and told it to turn off at 30 seconds and 1 min - neither work.

The screen goes dark and the phone locks (as it should) if you quickly press the power button. It should be doing this automatically.

There are no special apps installed on this phone - certainly not anything I haven't installed myself. I even looked at the running apps to see if anything weird was running. I didn't see anything unusual.

Has anyone experienced this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. fyugioh

fyugioh Member

try using power control widget. it has an option to keep screen off/on.
  3. syav

syav Well-Known Member

@redteam
    Sounds like something went wrong with the display timeout settings . Try 'Battery Improver' from android market. It comes with screen timeout settings , and lets u set up a ringtone when your phone is fully charge. :)
  4. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

Weird, this JUST happened to me! I turned it off, waited a few min., turned it back on, and it went to sleep, but I had the phone locked when it went to sleep! okay, just checked and it went to sleep while on. How are you faring? Is your wife's working yet?
  5. tater_salad

tater_salad Well-Known Member

I sometimes have the phone do this as well. It has no rhyme or reason, it seeme to mostly happen when plugged in though.
  6. syav

syav Well-Known Member

Happened to me once, when I switched to Pattern screen lock. So I turned off my phone and took the battery out a few secs. My phone was back to normal afterwards.
    elianarob likes this.