1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Displaying a pdf fileGeneral

1. Sidoko

Sidoko Member

We're off to Italy in a couple of weeks (yippee!) and I'd like the RAZR i to carry a partifular map of walking routes. I've downloaded the pdf file from the web and it displays perfectly on the laptop.

But the same file displays in very low res on the RAZR and is therefore unusable. The file on the phone is the same size as the copy on the laptop: both are 3.5Mb, so no data has been lost. When I connect the laptop and phone via a USB cable and load the file from the phone on to the laptop it displays perfectly.

Aiuto, amici!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might try other PDF readers like RepliGo Reader, Mantano Reader and ezPDF Reader.
    They are the best reader of their kind :)

BTW, if you've these walking routes also as .gpx files you'd import them in an offline navigation app like OsmAnd and use its routing/navigation ability on preloaded topographic maps of Italy.

Harry
    Sidoko likes this.
  3. Sidoko

Sidoko Member

Brilliant!

Thank you. Mantano worked perfectly.

You have save me from being lost in the Italian countryside and at last eaten by wild animals.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I'm not sure what you were using to display the .pdf file on your phone. There are a number of .pdf viewers available including Documents to Go that provide the function. Documents to Go will display .pdf files and the MS Office fort mats as well.

... Thom
  5. Sidoko

Sidoko Member

Thank you, Thom.

Do either of you gents know if it's possible to set a file as a widget on the home page? This would be great for the Italian map, of course, but also for a couple of word processor files that I often work on.

Thanks in advance.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

It would be shortcuts of the files on the home screen.

I use my file manager EStrongs File Explorer for such shortcuts.
    Open ES, choose a file, long press on the file let pop up a menu with the option 'Shortcut'.
    Tap on it and you'll find the file's shortcut on your home screen ... voila :)

BTW, most file manager are able to create shortcuts.
    If you've a file manager already, you'd look for its shortcut option.

Harry
    Sidoko likes this.
  7. Sidoko

Sidoko Member

Wonderful. Thank you, Harry. I owe you a plate of spaghetti.