Displaying names of videos/pics in gallery

Last Updated:

1. magikellydelish

magikellydelish New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to display the names of videos or pictures when viewing them in the gallery? Alot of my videos have the same beginning screen shot so to find the one I want I have to literally watch them to figure it out. There has to be a way to show the names without having to go through My Files > media > videos. I want to know what the names are when I go to view them

Advertisement
  2. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

+1
    I was going to ask the same question...

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah this kinda sucks. If you mean stuff on the sdcard. I have put several dvd's on there but all it shows is a blank box on most of mine. Its not actually attaching a label for viewing but if you go to gallery and sdcard HIt Menu>More>Check a movie/file and then hit details it does tell you what it is. But man thats a 4 step process granted it takes 3 seconds but labels would be lovely

4. pain7246

pain7246 New Member

Yup... it's very hard if all thumbnails look similar...
    however, i have never heard that there is a way to showing file name on gallery.... sorry....

anyway, almost same way of "saps", press and hold any thumbnail you want until you reach the selection mode... and click "more -> details"
    then, it will show you the file name....
    even though this way requires you to check every video files at most, it requires 3 times of click for getting the name....

i hope it will be helpful to you....

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hey thats saves one click over my way ;) that's an extra 1/2 second of my life I get back now :p.

6. Sayberg

Sayberg New Member

I also had the same problem, until I figured out something inadvertently. If you put each movie file you have converted into its own folder, the folder name DOES show up in the gallery. Name each folder with the name of the movie, then transfer to your sd card. Hope this helps.

modernmidnight and Frisco like this.
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums. Great first post, Sayberg! [​IMG]

8. UncleMike2011

UncleMike2011 New Member

> Is there a way to display the names of videos or pictures when viewing them in the gallery?

It's rubbish, isn't it ?
    I'm not particularly an Apple fan, but even since buying my HTC Desire phone, I still carry around my iPod Touch with me, as viewing videos is so much more convenient.

On my iPod Touch, I can see the names of the videos, so know exactly what videos I have available (rather than a list of "20th Century Fox" icons!!), and if I stop watching a video on the iPod, next time I run it, it'll continue playing from where I left off.

These are common-sense basic requirements, and Android just doesn't do it right at all...
    ;-(

9. iknight8

iknight8 Member

I rooted my Fascinate and accidentally deleted the default video player for the videos in the Gallery, now it doesnt play. I installed a video player, how do i make that the default video player? anyone knows? Thanx

10. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member

When you first attempt to play a video it should ask you to choose a program that you want to use. When that screen comes up, at the bottom should be a checkbox that says "Make Default" or something. That should do it.