dissapearing storage

Last Updated:

1. reflex33

reflex33 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 29, 2010
    Is anybody else getting missing internal storage?

This has been happening since I got the phone on launch day. This is my first Android phone so maybe this is supposed to happen. But when I reboot the phone, internal memory disappears.

As a test I didn't install or uninstall any apps, didn't get any updates, nothing. After two days I reset the phone and was at 327 megs of storage. After the reboot I had 320. This has been happening every few days.

I thought it was from installing an app. In one example I had 360 megs, installed an app that brought me to 357, did a reboot after a few mins, and had 354 at startup.

I've tried this on another phone (my girlfriend has one) and she gets the same thing. I've tried wiping my phone just to be sure and same thing.

Plz tell me this is supposed to be happening, some Android OS thing. Should I just never reboot (not really an option)

2. MalloThaPrince

MalloThaPrince Active Member

Apr 10, 2010
    usually the memory loss comes from cache or data the app you download have to have to operate most of the time..it's normal
  3. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    When you use applications or when applications start up they often fill out some data to store user settings, temp files etc. If you go into the manage applications window you can actually open an application and see how much of each type of storage they are using up. You can even delete the application data too (although this would likely result in the app going back to a default state).
  4. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    If you are rooted, theres an app called CacheCleaner, it clears the cache from your apps.

If not, Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Click on one of the app's listed, you will see how much Cache it has, and then a button that says "ClearCache"

I find the biggest Cache hog to be the web browsers.

Hope I helped.