1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dissapointed @ Google

Last Updated:

1. farrelloa

farrelloa New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone this?

I downloaded my first few apps from the market place (doodle jump, spaghetti &marshmallows etc) using Google checkout. Games cost about 60p UK and then I get charged by Google

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I suppose we can blame the "shite" grammar on the keyboard as well.

Bye.

nifer and dylo22 like this.
  3. Blue_oxen

Blue_oxen Member

I'm also disappointed with Google. but for a completely different reason. Anyone else have 2x as many active installs as paying customers. Makes me so mad Google should not make it so ez for people to rip off developers.

4. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

see ya! ;)

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

You know, if people want to pirate they are going to pirate. IMO, in this day and age, we spend far too much money trying to STOP people doing this. Where there is a will there is a way and EVERYTHING gets pirated nowadays, no matter what the copy protection. The only way around this that I have seen is if an app actually talks to a server somewhere for authentication. In any case, perhaps you should think of monetizing with ads instead of charging for the app. And not to imply anything, but a good app is going to make the dev money even with piracy. Plenty of devs raking in the dough and I am sure their apps are pirated frequently as well!

7. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Somebody's grumpy today.

8. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

9. Blue_oxen

Blue_oxen Member

I'm very new to the market and haven't released any free app's. What kind of traffic would I need to see to make a profit with adds?

10. farrelloa

farrelloa New Member This Topic's Starter

- goodbye

- goodbye

- got to start somewhere buddy

- you got it lol

- well its a charge by google on my bank statement. I'll say it again incase you miss understoid GOOGLE.

11. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

And I'll explain it again since you are obviously the one who misunderstood. There are countries outside of that quaint little island that you live on. Further, there are developers that live in these countries that author apps for Android, some of them paid apps. Oddly enough, there are currencies other than the GBP that are used in these countries. Fees for the apps are paid in the currency of the developer. As such, if you buy an app from a developer located in the U.S., the payment is in the form of USD, not GBP.

This is a relatively common practice with British banks and will show up on your statement as payment to Google, although it is, in fact, your bank that's charging the fee. The policy varies from bank to bank (although

farrelloa and jonrwg like this.
  12. jonrwg

jonrwg Well-Known Member

What bank are you using? Did you contact your bank on this matter? LOL.
    Why didn't I get extra charge like you? I'm in the UK btw. Pointless rant. How old are you? 16? Go back to your mama and cry. "GOOGLE is SHIT, they ate my money" . LMAO

13. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

It is the bank policy. I've incurred a few international charges & I'm in the US. Not that worried about it though, b/c honestly the app was worth it. ;)