• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DIY: How To Change Your PRL

Ok, i have NOT rooted my phone. Using ICS 4.0.4. I cannot get anything to work to obtain my MSL.

Ive tried term emu and connectbot. it simply does NOT list ant ril.msl etc. Ive tried the app get my msl, doesnt work. how else can i get my friggin msl? I want to change my prl as my current one just appears junk. 01131 and i want to try some others.

ive got cdma workshop 2.7, can connect to the phone, but it wont read it. just says failed, phone does not answer

:(

Upvote 0
Update.... To gain your MSL, i just did this and it worked perfectly. Thanks to some random poster on a youtube video. This works on my unrooted S2 Epic Touch from Sprint.

you need to download alogcat from the app store and clear the log, dial ##3282# hit edit enter bogus code, hold home button go to alogcat type 'msl' in search and there is your code

Upvote 0
I cant seem to find the Diagnostic Serial Port in my Tool, and it says "Ports" not just "Port" as mentioned int the instructions... can anybody help?

*Edit:

I guess the problem is that my phone's usb is broken so even if it recognizes the USB cable it still cant connect to my laptop even with just the regular mass storage... crap im stuck with my 61009 PRL... i was gonna change it....

Upvote 0
I cant seem to find the Diagnostic Serial Port in my Tool, and it says "Ports" not just "Port" as mentioned int the instructions... can anybody help?

*Edit:

I guess the problem is that my phone's usb is broken so even if it recognizes the USB cable it still cant connect to my laptop even with just the regular mass storage... crap im stuck with my 61009 PRL... i was gonna change it....

Sorry I just seen your post. Have you simply tried using the update prl in your about phone settings? The 61009 prl has recently changed to 22090. Don't know why they changed it but they did.

Upvote 0
Now check this out. I just went to about phone/settings/update prl just to be sure I wasn't wrong (have been on many instances). Yesterday when I did it, it stated no update was available. Just now I did it again and my prl is now 22092. Wth....

When I do it, it says mine has been updated. But then it's still 61009. Lol stupid Boost.

Upvote 0
ok, anyone have tricks to getting youtube to play videos instead of just sitting there loading? im getting very aggrivated and about to throw my phone against the dam wall here...

Depends on what carrier your on. I have never had good video play back with Sprint no matter how strong the signal. The best thing, I believe, would be connect to wifi. Even then, for me, it is spotty at best.

Upvote 0
I had a lot of troubles from the latest update and dealt with it for over a month. Uninstalling the updates and using the old version seems to work a lot better, but still not perfect. The latest update won't even work right for me on wifi.

edit: Just noticed there is an even newer update from the 22nd. I'm not even going to try it lol.

Upvote 0
Don't mean to bring back a somewhat old thread (But I am working on the Boost Transform Ultra and giving me a headache), but one thing I do know about Sprint/Boost phones is when dealing with YouTube sometimes it helps to modify settings within your ##3282# (##DATA#) Menu to help with streaming issues.

Possibly not exact (Since locations within the menu may differ amongst manufacturers), but you do the following:
Dial ##DATA# (May require to enter SPC at this point if not, then it will be after you select a sub-menu and choose edit)
Select Multimedia or Advanced (Again depending on manufacturer)
Locate RTSP IP and Port Locations (You will have 2 IP/Domains and 2 Ports to modify)
For the 2 IP/Domains enter: 0.0.0.0
For the 2 Ports enter: 0

This has helped me numerous times to obtain streaming videos with Youtube. Hope it helps.

For my Transform Ultra issue. I have the SPC, although I am using CDMA Workshop to read/write and when I try to read it shows no information, and when I write it writes no information. Strange. Thought maybe it would require 16 digit password, but this phone accepts any 16 digit password I throw at it. Asshole phone. :)
Tried Factory Data Reset (Through settings and hardware buttons), RTN Reset (##72786#).

I can write PRL just fine, but I am trying to modify data parameters with no success. Sprint version was easy as pie, this one on the other hand is 5 attempts away from meeting the ground full force. :)

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
...this one on the other hand is 5 attempts away from meeting the ground full force. :)

Thoughts?

Hahahahaha, I say if you've got a replacement, go for it! :p I've been having trouble with my TU as well, and sympathize with your frustration.

On a more serious note, if you have a ROM installed, you may want to try restoring a stock backup, and try from there.

Upvote 0
:) This is not a personal phone, I have it for testing purposes along with other phones. I receive and assist with flashing whether it be to a new carrier or custom rom flashing. Replacement is out of the question for me unless I plan on buying one out front out of pocket (No thanks) lol.

This is running a stock rom 2.3.4. I got the phone and pretty much said, "Oh Transform Ultra, but from boost... should be no problem.. " 30 min later... "WTF!, read dammit... write asshole!" smh... lol.

Gonna keep working on it, and will post anything I find helpful. For now on the other hand, I'll be pulling out any hairs I have left..

Thanks for the quick response nonetheless.

Upvote 0
:) This is not a personal phone, I have it for testing purposes along with other phones. I receive and assist with flashing whether it be to a new carrier or custom rom flashing. Replacement is out of the question for me unless I plan on buying one out front out of pocket (No thanks) lol.

This is running a stock rom 2.3.4. I got the phone and pretty much said, "Oh Transform Ultra, but from boost... should be no problem.. " 30 min later... "WTF!, read dammit... write asshole!" smh... lol.

Gonna keep working on it, and will post anything I find helpful. For now on the other hand, I'll be pulling out any hairs I have left..

Thanks for the quick response nonetheless.

Ahh, I see...too bad :p If you haven't already, maybe upgrade it to FF27 2.3.6, then try again.

Reactions: iAMsalm
Upvote 0
lol funny you said that. I've had the update available, but wanted to see if I could figure out a way to get it working without having to upgrade (Which I still wasn't 100% it would work of course). It's just how I am, if something doesn't work one way, then I want to figure it out for future reference or in case someone else runs into the problem then I'd be able to provide a 2 cents. Either way, I did the update which was of course FF27 2.3.6 and lo and behold... We have population of NV-Items people lol. Now time to pull a stock before I edit. Always good to have a back-up eh. lol

Thanks either way for the info.

So if anyone is having trouble reading/writing or editing NV items in any way and are running 2.3.4. Just update and save your hair from being forcefully pulled by your own hands. :)

Thanks again for the quick responses bud.

Upvote 0
lol funny you said that. I've had the update available, but wanted to see if I could figure out a way to get it working without having to upgrade (Which I still wasn't 100% it would work of course). It's just how I am, if something doesn't work one way, then I want to figure it out for future reference or in case someone else runs into the problem then I'd be able to provide a 2 cents. Either way, I did the update which was of course FF27 2.3.6 and lo and behold... We have population of NV-Items people lol. Now time to pull a stock before I edit. Always good to have a back-up eh. lol

Glad it worked. :) This phone is the first non-Motorola Android phone I've owned, and it has proven to me just how true the saying is of "your mileage may vary", even with two of the exact same phone :rolleyes:

Thanks either way for the info.

So if anyone is having trouble reading/writing or editing NV items in any way and are running 2.3.4. Just update and save your hair from being forcefully pulled by your own hands. :)

Thanks again for the quick responses bud.

Any time. :) Sorry I wasn't so quick with this one, but I had a wedding to attend last night. The community for this phone may be small (and getting smaller every day, it seems), but we're always looking out for each other and trying to help. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones