• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Diztronic Note 3 Case

maverick777

Jul 7, 2010
I just got my case in the mail today. Here are some pics with my black Note 3. I have a Spigen crystal screen protector on it as well.

I love the matte finish. The port cutouts are very accurate and the case fits nice and tight.

z2DRcCfh.jpg

rDZae88h.jpg

8TAT2bUh.jpg

n8rLgO6h.jpg

zpRFBOBh.jpg

it looks good - better than an Otterbox but nothing beats the look and feel of the pleather back cover.

BTW, what launcher are you using?

The picture above is my lock screen. I'm using widget locker. The following link shows how to set it up.

http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/10/01/holock/

The launcher I use is Nova Prime.

I agree the feel of the soft touch back cover is nice, but I'm too paranoid to go naked. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case coming as well. I'll be interested to see how it compares.

Upvote 0
do you know if there is a pouch this would fit in? I work running all over the hospital constantly and carry my phone with me. when i stick it in my scrub pockets it tends to slide out when I'm bending to lift or move patients or do cpr, etc. (at least with my current phone). I currently have a tpu case on my razr maxx and carry it on my waist in a horizontal pouch and this works great but it was a chore trying to find the right size pouch

Upvote 0
do you know if there is a pouch this would fit in? I work running all over the hospital constantly and carry my phone with me. when i stick it in my scrub pockets it tends to slide out when I'm bending to lift or move patients or do cpr, etc. (at least with my current phone). I currently have a tpu case on my razr maxx and carry it on my waist in a horizontal pouch and this works great but it was a chore trying to find the right size pouch

I use this in my shirt pocket:

Leather Vertical Case Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Holster Belt Clip New | eBay

I have a generic TPU case that is quite slim & is a bit on the snug side,just a bit too snug,but,better than slipping out.

Should you use a case that is non-TPU,I'm guessing it'll slide in/out a bit easier,w/o losing any grip/security.

The magnetic-assist clasp will ensure the phone stays in the pouch.

I'm guessing one of these would do the trick:

Amazon.com: [Non-Slip] SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Rubbery Feel Non-Slip Grip Matte Hard Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Smooth Black (SGP10441): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid] [Metal Slate] Slim Fit Dual Protection Cover for Galaxy Note III - Metal Slate: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
I have these Diztronic cases for my other phones, and I've been very happy with them, especially for the price. On the iphone 5, I did have to cut out the power button slot, as it was tough to push in. But the fit is fantastic. And I've dropped my Galaxy Nexus several times, and it doesn't even have any scratches. Especially important when handing my phone to my 2 year old...

For the note 3, does the case cover the speakers at all? I see that the note 3 has speakers on the bottom (I think) and the case doesn't seem to have openings, so I was curious...

Upvote 0
How do you like that screen protector, i've been going back and forth about getting one.

The protector is very clear but does pick up more finger oils and smudges than the naked glass. The protector is cut very accurately. With the case one, you can hardly tell its on there because the edges are covered up by the case. Only the cutouts near the front facing camera gives it away.

I will probably get a glass protector at some point. Nothing beats the smoothness of glass.

Upvote 0
I have these Diztronic cases for my other phones, and I've been very happy with them, especially for the price. On the iphone 5, I did have to cut out the power button slot, as it was tough to push in. But the fit is fantastic. And I've dropped my Galaxy Nexus several times, and it doesn't even have any scratches. Especially important when handing my phone to my 2 year old...

For the note 3, does the case cover the speakers at all? I see that the note 3 has speakers on the bottom (I think) and the case doesn't seem to have openings, so I was curious...

The last picture shows the cutout for the speaker. The cutouts as a whole are very accurate. You can see the speaker grill on the left by the stylus.

zpRFBOBh.jpg

Reactions: Aethulwulf
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones