• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dj05, di01, odin,...

dj05, di01, dh12, and dl09 are firmware numbers for what your fascinate is running. dl09 is the new over the air (ota) update they are releasing. Odin is a program you pur on your computer to "push" stuff to your phone when you put it in downlaod mode. I dont think anyone has made a list to look at for acronyms....they are just kinda picked up as you go....

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at my "About phone" page and note that its build number is SCH-1500.DI01. How do I get DI09? Is that part of the mysterious Android 2.2 that I was told would be on my phone "soon" when I bought it 3-4 month ago?

I looked in the market for Odin, but it's not there. How do you get it?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at my "About phone" page and note that its build number is SCH-1500.DI01. How do I get DI09? Is that part of the mysterious Android 2.2 that I was told would be on my phone "soon" when I bought it 3-4 month ago?

I looked in the market for Odin, but it's not there. How do you get it?

dl09 is not in any way froyo its a maintenence update from di01. As for Odin its not in the market you have to d/l it to your computer. I just bumped up the thread that has it in in, its in "all things root" but you only need it if you plan on rooting or pushing things to your phone. It is mostly used for the advanced user. Though we have talked many ppl through it

Upvote 0
Is Android 2.2 or 2.3 ever likely to be delivered to the Fascinate via OTA by Verizon? If so, any guesses as to when?
I have to doubt 2.3 IMO they will likely reserve that for the latest and greatest phones. But 2.2 will probably come in the next 6 weeks from the rumblings, officially that is. Very alpha build is already out

Reactions: dkurland
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones