• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dj05 with DL09 radio/modem

tgulch22

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
Perrysburg, OH
Is it possible?

I have had some issues of time without signal, and cell standby is eating my battery. I was thinking back to my eris and thinking maybe it is the same issue they had with the cell standby with 2.1

Was wondering if maybe the Dl09 radio is better for this and wont cause as much battery loss and "signal loss".

I have the stupidfast 12.19 or 20 kernel and am running superdark for dj05. So I guess the question is will it work if i flash the Dl09 radio.

Maybe I am way off base on my thought process but i figured I would do some tinkering....

I did it and it worked, as everyone said. I dont know if it is better yet or not..guess time will tell. I would like to go to a Froyo (DL30) ROM, but from what understand there is a lot of features (MMS, etc) that are not working on the Froyo roms yet.

That being said is there a kernel for DL30 available anywhere also? I looked around but the one stop shopping for kernels said there were none, All I saw were the AOSP kernels for froyo and some voodoo stuff for froyo. I have a feeling I want to stay away from voodoo from reading over the forums.

Upvote 0
You know what's weird...
I installed the new Froyo clockwork for DL30. When I go into CW I have to run update.zip and it boots me into red recovery...voodoo recovery. I ran an all-in-one DL09 package before I flashed DL30, so technically I shouldn't even have voodoo right?

It still works though :D
jt's new froyo cwm is red and its called voodoo but thats just because he didnt edit the title. There was no froyo voodoo at the time he had it. Even now his unreleased test kernel is not working right with red cwm for froyo so he's tinkering. Im sure he'll not release it till he has not only the current aosp voodoo but DL30 and a cwm which works for all flavors as well

Upvote 0
jt's new froyo cwm is red and its called voodoo but thats just because he didnt edit the title. There was no froyo voodoo at the time he had it. Even now his unreleased test kernel is not working right with red cwm for froyo so he's tinkering. Im sure he'll not release it till he has not only the current aosp voodoo but DL30 and a cwm which works for all flavors as well

Hey Saps, can I delete the voodoo folder off of my sd card now that I'm on DL30? I like to keep things clean on there, lol :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones