• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DLNA audio push.

Ok, here's my question. I've been doing a bit of research and as yet have not seen a solution. Is there an app available that will allow me to push audio via DLNA to a DLNA renderer or DMR. Now I need to be specific here, I'm not talking about streaming music (files or songs on my phone) to a DMR. There's plenty of apps to do just that already. Good stuff, not what I am looking for.

Lets back up a bit and explain what I'm trying to do. I want to set up a distributed audio video network in my house. Basically have a PC with a DLNA server and Playon (from Medialmall, great software) running to provide the main source of media. Then at each DMR media node essentially have something like a WD HDTV Live or Arctic Audio Relay hooked up to either speakers and a TV or just speakers. Perhaps even add my Dedicated Media Hard Drive to a DLNA media serving router like one of the netgear ones.

To control everything I want to use my phone or tablet and any of the various DLNA controller software packages like AllShare, SmartShare, or skifta etc to mediate between the sources and the DMR's.

All of that is all well and good. My testing shows it works very nicely and is a no brainer. But movies and music aren't enough to me. I want live music, audiobooks, pandora, police radios, podcasts etc. All of these I can do very well with my phone. To get the sound to a good set of speakers I currently use bluetooth to stream to one of my bluetooth stereo gateways (Motorola DC800 or Monoprice Bluetooth stereo reciever) and while that works pretty well it is not an ideal solution, since it has a distance limitation. I would like to be able to simply start an app to create a dlna source on my phone. Then use my DLNA controller to select the phone as a source and the DMR I want to use and start the stream. I understand there is a bit of lag but really the negligible lag there would be is acceptable.

Now, I do know about jamcast. And while I could set up a jamcast server and stream the live audio from the PC and then run the bluetooth stereo gateway into the line in of the pc to have a live DLNA audio feed it relegates me right back to the distance limitations of bluetooth. Also I don't want to spend the money on Jamcast which I feel is way overpriced for what it is.

So any thoughts on the proposed DLNA system or a possible solution? An app that converts the live audio from the phone into a DLNA source would be perfect and if anyone knows of an app I would be incredibly grateful. But I'm looking for any solutions that eschews bluetooth and its distance limitations.

Thanks in Advance

Help please

I have a problem well explained I have a 4g esteem lg ok I have a smart 3d tv system 47 dlna my question is. as I can conenectar my esteem for my lg tv to enjoy smary 4g on my tv??? I can connect my iPad2 without any problems via wireless I can connect my laptop without ninguni pndnet problem with USB I can connect my xbox360 but I can not connect my lg tv esteem my smart? I also want to have everything I need help sincroniced recommend

Apps used
Have is root my lg esteem version ms910 zvc
Open garden tether v 2.1.4
Tether wireless v2.0.7
Planet v3.02

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones