DLNA, Droid X and Media Streaming/Sharing

Last Updated:

1. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've used DLNA to connect my phone with my PS3 but it does not see any of the pictures or video in my phones folders.

I also tried connecting to my Windows 7 PC. As of right now, I have no idea how to view my phones files using DLNA? Do I need a program? When I select share media, it connects and then nothing happens.

ANy tips on this?

Advertisement
  2. shh

shh Well-Known Member

On your PC open Media Center then scroll down so the left panel lists Droid X. Click on it for the files.

3. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

On yo ps3, when you go under music, pics or vids highlight the FOLDER press Triangle, there should be an option to view files.

Pictures - pictures - triangle - select option

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm not really interested in viewing/accessing my DX's files from my PC. It would rock if I could stream my TV shows and movies over WiFi, (or even 3G) without having to use something as crappy as OrbLive. I never figured out how to set up WMP for DLNA and/or my DX on WinXP SP3. You're supposed to be able to, but I never managed to get it working. I've tried a few other applications as well and nothing really works. I miss using AirVideo on my iTouch. That app worked flawlessly. :(

5. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in getting files from my X onto my PC or PS3 either, if they are on my phone they most likely got there from my comp. I can't figure out how to stream files from my PS3 or computer to my X though?

6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Same boat dude. Same rickety-ass boat.

Like I said before, I can use OrbLive to stream videos, but the quality is HORRIBLE. I would rather wait on a full file transfer over a file explorer than deal with that splotchy and choppy crap. I think I remember getting Gmote to work, to an extent, but I abandoned that in the end too.

I imagine streaming from your PS3 will be difficult unless DLNA really pulls through. It would make sense if there's some sort of app+software to stream files from your PC though. I just can't seem to find it. :(

7. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Supposedly Tversity Media server is supposed to transcode on the fly to whatever device. I never could get it to work with PC->DX movie streaming of .AVI though. I currently use Mezzmo but haven't tried streaming to DX with it, more just use it as a remote control to play PC->TV.

The one way I was able to stream movies from PC->DX was using VLC Stream and Convert

8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

VLC is an option, but it isn't really very practical unless you combine it with a VLC remote or something. You're otherwise stuck setting up a specific stream while at your computer, then watching it on your phone, and then going back to the computer and manually switching the stream to something else.

I only just now realized I could combine it with a VLC remote though, so I'll see how well that works.

9. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

10. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Its easy to a 360... it only sees pics tho...i dont think the 360 can play avi which is what a tried to do..