DLNA, Droid X and Media Streaming/Sharing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irhxcbcziuzxs, Sep 25, 2010.

1. irhxcbcziuzxs

irhxcbcziuzxs Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2010
    I've used DLNA to connect my phone with my PS3 but it does not see any of the pictures or video in my phones folders.

I also tried connecting to my Windows 7 PC. As of right now, I have no idea how to view my phones files using DLNA? Do I need a program? When I select share media, it connects and then nothing happens.

ANy tips on this?

Advertisement
  2. shh

shh Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Retired
    NE USA
    On your PC open Media Center then scroll down so the left panel lists Droid X. Click on it for the files.

3. MalikBear

MalikBear Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    On yo ps3, when you go under music, pics or vids highlight the FOLDER press Triangle, there should be an option to view files.

Pictures - pictures - triangle - select option

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm not really interested in viewing/accessing my DX's files from my PC. It would rock if I could stream my TV shows and movies over WiFi, (or even 3G) without having to use something as crappy as OrbLive. I never figured out how to set up WMP for DLNA and/or my DX on WinXP SP3. You're supposed to be able to, but I never managed to get it working. I've tried a few other applications as well and nothing really works. I miss using AirVideo on my iTouch. That app worked flawlessly. :(

5. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm not interested in getting files from my X onto my PC or PS3 either, if they are on my phone they most likely got there from my comp. I can't figure out how to stream files from my PS3 or computer to my X though?

6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Same boat dude. Same rickety-ass boat.

Like I said before, I can use OrbLive to stream videos, but the quality is HORRIBLE. I would rather wait on a full file transfer over a file explorer than deal with that splotchy and choppy crap. I think I remember getting Gmote to work, to an extent, but I abandoned that in the end too.

I imagine streaming from your PS3 will be difficult unless DLNA really pulls through. It would make sense if there's some sort of app+software to stream files from your PC though. I just can't seem to find it. :(

7. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    U.S. Military
    Washington State
    Supposedly Tversity Media server is supposed to transcode on the fly to whatever device. I never could get it to work with PC->DX movie streaming of .AVI though. I currently use Mezzmo but haven't tried streaming to DX with it, more just use it as a remote control to play PC->TV.

The one way I was able to stream movies from PC->DX was using VLC Stream and Convert

8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

VLC is an option, but it isn't really very practical unless you combine it with a VLC remote or something. You're otherwise stuck setting up a specific stream while at your computer, then watching it on your phone, and then going back to the computer and manually switching the stream to something else.

I only just now realized I could combine it with a VLC remote though, so I'll see how well that works.

9. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    MID MICHIGAN
    Its easy to a 360... it only sees pics tho...i dont think the 360 can play avi which is what a tried to do..