• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DLNA media streaming

That's a server, lets photos go to a client.

To play media from a server, I've found but need to try out -

Android Dlna Player | Download Android Dlna Player software for free at SourceForge.net

AndroMote - An Android UPnP Remote Control

(DLNA uses UPnP as I recall (once upon a time, I actually _knew_).)

Streaming content from Windows Media Center with an G1 Android phone - TDL Video - TDL - The Digital Lifestyle.com - digital lifestyle community

Google is my friend. ;)

There are some other DLNA servers for Android, I'm reading that people have twonky working - but - I'm no fan of that, personally. (It's ok and all, just a personal pref.)

Upvote 0
Tversity works well, I know there are plenty of other options (eg ps3 server), but I've managed to stream good quality video to my DroidX over wifi and 3g. The trick for me was to use NSWPlayer (streams instead of having to download entire file) from the market place. I heard that DVDCatalyst3 is a good video converter to use to also set your media up for streaming. Hope that helps...
Cheers

Edit: I also tested this on DROID, EVO, ALLY, and an iPhone...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones