DLNA... need some help with playback plzSupport

Last Updated:

1. LsRamAir

LsRamAir Member This Topic's Starter

I am using my X to playback songs on my Onkyo RC180 Receiver.

If i hit the "share media" button on the X, it shows up on my amp and i can browse through and playback music without a problem.

However when i go to "play media" on the X and find a song, then tell it to play on the amp i have problems. About half the time i get an immediate error, and once it does get playing it gets thru about 45s-90secs of each song and then kinda pauses and jumps to the next song.

I really wanted to be able to use the X as the control for whats playing ya kno? I dont want to have to use the amp remote to find stuff. I tried everything i could think of, even updated the firmware on my Onkyo.

Seeing as how it will play perfect if the onkyo is "pulling" and not playing right if the X is "pushing" means it must just be a dumb incompatibility??? This is a downer.

If someone can assist me in making this work, i have a $5 paypal shoutout to that person!

Thank You.

Jimmy.

Advertisement
  2. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

hey...you're one up on me. i can pull from the phone to my onkyo pre/pro as well...works great. but when i attempt a 'play to' from the phone, it sees nothing available to push to. my win7 dlna machine does see the pro/pro and has no problem playing to it. hmmm.

3. LsRamAir

LsRamAir Member This Topic's Starter

It would be so sweet if it would work too... mine didnt show up instantly as a play to device either, once it requested and became trusted and i opened the app again it popped in as "HT-RC180"

Im only trying MP3 also. I was so happy when it started playing at first too! then when it jumped to the next song every minute or so my heart sank.

4. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

yeah, i got the connection request and authorized it...but it still won't show in the 'play to' destinations.

fighting dlna elsewhere too...works fine between the win7 machine and pre/pro, so long as the files are local to the win7 machine. problem is, most of them are not. 100gig or so on a NAS RAID device. i've managed to get win7 to publish the network source, and i can see it from the pre/pro right down to the song names...but it won't play. grr!