DLNA Tv outSupport

Last Updated:

1. Galaxyforme

Galaxyforme Member This Topic's Starter

Right,

Wondering if someone can give me a bit of info about the Tv out, i believe you can output hd to a tv via DLNA whats the easiest way of doing this? what piece of equipment would i need (dont want to buy a new 2010 samsung tv either)!;)

Advertisement
  2. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

AFAIK, you could use a PS3 or one of the new DVD/blueray players that are DLNA capable.

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Many new televisions also support DLNA.

4. Galaxyforme

Aahhh

The bluray player might be an idea, I have a sammy tv but its a 2008 model without DLNA, need to have a look at my player. Thanks for the pointers guys,

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

If you're going a blueray player a PS3 is hard to beat...

6. rodh257

rodh257 New Member

I believe Windows 7 has DLNA, so you should be able to stream to any win 7 PC? (Could be wrong)

7. Galaxyforme

Good thinking on Win 7, i have a media streamer in my living room that is wifi (Netgear eva9150) would that support it do you think?

8. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member

I have set up my Droid X via Wifi to hook up to my Windows 7 PC through DLNA. It's been working brilliantly

On the PC side all the settings are in Windows Media Player. Basically need to enable streaming within your network, and if you want allow the phone to control your PC. It all works as advertised, all over wifi. All those years in a Windows Mobile Phone wishing I could update my phone over wifii with active sync. It's a reality now, as long as my PC is on.

The Droid X even has a setting specifically for the Xbox. Would rather try this with a PS3 but I have neither. Seems like you could control any of these devices from anywhere your wifi reaches with just your cell phone. I have been using it to transfer music to the phone over wifi. Great stuff, but obviously you may have to open yourself up a little bit on your network. Oh lastly, just have an old Athlon 64X2 nothing special. Using a WRT54GL router flashed with one of the popular firmware whose name escapes me at the moment. No real special settings there either as far as I can remember.

Oh and I do not have a TV to try this out on but supposedly I could play a video from my PC to my TV all while controlling it on my phone...over wifi. Basically from any device to any other device as long as they have DLNA.

9. YellowGT0

YellowGT0 Well-Known Member

What is DLNA?