• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dlna/uPnP Issue - Transport is Locked error

Have never successfully resolved this and may never be able to :( but posting here can't hurt just in case.

So I have a NAS with wired connection to router and wired connection from router to Onkyo CR-N755 network hi-fi via Solwise home plugs. Can access NAS fine from Onkyo direct, but interface is very limited (single line onscreen display) and searching for stuff using the remote is hopeless. Handily Onkyo do have an Android app which takes some of the pain away, but there is frustratingly no way to create playlists and browsing/searching through my library is clunky at best. So thought I'd try Bubble uPnP app, which looked to be a much better interface all round. Picked up the NAS fine, picked up the Onkyo as renderer fine. But no matter what I try every time I select something to play I get a 'Transport is Locked : code 705' error appearing.

At first I thought it was my BT HH3 locking something out, but have recently just upgraded to a TP-LINK Archer and still no luck. UPnP is enabled on the router, have tried directly selecting NET > DLNA source on the Onkyo first and then trying to play something using Bubble, checked for a firmware update from Onkyo but there has been none at all released for my system - no joy nothing works. Been searching off and on for a while and can't find anything that might help, but suspect that it is down to the Onkyo unit itself and the dlna/upnp implementation.

I realise that dlna/upnp can be (is?) a minefield - but any suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated. Even if it is to another app similar to Bubble that I could try. Although there are a lot of other apps I've had a look at, they all seem to be either for accessing/playing media from external sources on my phone, or playing locally stored media on my phone to an external renderer. I only want my phone or tablet to be the control point though.

Thanks for taking some time to read anyway :)

Probably won't help but I found this last week, not sure if it applies at all.

http://androidforums.com/threads/android-powered-nas.913253/#post-6937344

Reminded of that because my first thought was that transport locked may have been related to a transcoding problem. If so, the second link in there may prove useful.

I haven't done nas/DLNA/UPnP in years so what I had was far more primitive than your setup - but fwiw, I had to watch for number of directory (folder) entries at the source. Part of my chain insisted on pre-buffering things so it would thrash to no end just trying to surf. Mentioned because, again, maybe thrashing leads to a transport lock and is reported as such.

Tl/dr - no actual idea but maybe some brainstorming to help get a step further.

Reactions: saltire
Upvote 0
Thanks EM, NAS is actually a WD (mycloud version) but that install process for Bubble server looks way beyond my limited 'pooter abilities.

However, your point about the number of folders does get me thinking I should take a look at the Twonky media server settings and maybe try different Nav Tree settings for the renderer. Am also going to email a log from Bubble (now I know how to generate it :) ) to the dev as well to see if there's anything that they can spot.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Ah ha! Sorted, happy days. For some reason Twonky wasn't recognising Media Receiver Type for Bubble automatically. Just manually set it to "Linn Bubble DS Control Point" from drop down menu and that was all it needed. Mind you have searched this before for "Bubble ...." something, at least a careful review turned up the right entry and should have thought since I was vaguely aware the dev did something with/for Linn before.

It's going to be a good day :D:D:D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones