dlna?

Last Updated:

1. Polarskates

Polarskates Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i'm getting a DLNA TV next week and was wondering if i would be able to stream pics and videos from my phone to the TV? Anyone tried this yet?

Advertisement
  2. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

I have been trying to work this out myself but have so far been unsuccessful in finding anything that will do the job, so would also be interested if anyone has any info.

The only thing I have found is a streaming app which picks up media servers on the phone enabling me to play music etc. from my PC media server on the phone which is quite handy, it's called Andromote.

Ben

3. Polarskates

Polarskates Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for the info on Andromote Ben.

What TV are you using, i'm getting a Panasonic TX-P42V10B which comes bundled with s/w called Twonky?

I did read somewhere of a company, 'ProSyst' i think they were called? They were developing dlna s/w for android but i'm not sure if it came to fruition?

4. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

I use a fairly cheap Samsung 32", great picture on HD tho. I use my PS3 as a media server for the TV, works fairly well although after moving house recently and switching to a wireless connection, streaming HD is a bit choppy, need to get another ethernet cable.

I have done quite a bit of googling on dlna /android/video and come up with nothing current.

Ben

5. Ranger69

Ranger69 New Member

Definitely possible!

Twonky just released a new app Server for Androids.

I can confirm this works on Sprints now network, as well as, my own wireless home network.

My phone streams to PC/MAC/PS3... Wired and Wireless.....minimal to no stuttering and jumping.....WRTN160 Draft N Tecnologies

You can use various media server technologies to get the job done....make sure you home network and devices are compatible.

My WD 1 TB Network Storage comes pre installed with Twonky Media Server...which streams to all my network devices.....PC/MAC/iTunes/iPodTouch/PS3/SmartPhones HTC HERO AND HTC DIAMOND TOUCH.

Let me know if you need support!

Cheers!

6. peloquin

peloquin Active Member

Yeah I use twonky on my NAS drive, works a treat, also have it on my HERO

Any probs with setup give me a shout

7. Kosta J

Kosta J New Member

Check iMediaShare for Android - works like a charm (at least with Samsung) streaming video, photos and music from the phone

8. neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith Active Member

What if I want to stream from my NAS (Buffalo Link station) to my phone...?