Tips DNA protection/ Qi mats

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 05evors, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 05evors

05evors Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Male
    Limited cases and per pictures of silicone or otterbox defender none seem to have a hole/window cut for the back LED notification. (drill bit?)

Also....will the DNA charge on an inductive mat w a case at all?

Palm Pre cases had silver dollar coin sized holes out back so the touchstone would work. Due to past experience w those(worked @vzw then) Id say DNA wont charge w a case on.

Ideas/opinions?

Advertisement
    Skipdawg and AntimonyER like this.
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict
    VIP Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Unfortunately it is wait and see at this point, I haven't seen one review mention wireless charging with a case on it. Definitely something to think about. Also good call about the back LED! Didn't think about that...

3. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    I'm skipping the protective case. These phones are much tougher than the iPhone that do need the cases. Plus I dropped my DINC1 multiple times with no trouble except for the back cover flying off.

4. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Yep, I've dropped my DINC1 well over a dozen times over the past 2.5 years and no breakage, but I'm using a thin Seidio Innocase. The DINC1's screen is much smaller than the DNA's. Something tells me a big screen like the DNA's would break much easier but I don't have any data to back that up. I will definitely be casing and putting a cover on my DNA.

PatyCake likes this.
  5. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    IL
    I have a cheap silicone case from VZW, my mom picked up some crap for her GS3, so i tacked it on cause it was practically free in the end. I dont know if Ill bother using it though, Id hate to hide the red on the side as I think it looks awesome.

6. 05evors

05evors Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Male
  7. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011

Black silicon on and LG pad charging just fine

Skipdawg likes this.