DNA protection/ Qi matsTips

1. 05evors

05evors Member

Limited cases and per pictures of silicone or otterbox defender none seem to have a hole/window cut for the back LED notification. (drill bit?)

Also....will the DNA charge on an inductive mat w a case at all?

Palm Pre cases had silver dollar coin sized holes out back so the touchstone would work. Due to past experience w those(worked @vzw then) Id say DNA wont charge w a case on.

Ideas/opinions?

Advertisement
    :
    Skipdawg and AntimonyER like this.
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Unfortunately it is wait and see at this point, I haven't seen one review mention wireless charging with a case on it. Definitely something to think about. Also good call about the back LED! Didn't think about that...
  3. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

I'm skipping the protective case. These phones are much tougher than the iPhone that do need the cases. Plus I dropped my DINC1 multiple times with no trouble except for the back cover flying off.
  4. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Yep, I've dropped my DINC1 well over a dozen times over the past 2.5 years and no breakage, but I'm using a thin Seidio Innocase. The DINC1's screen is much smaller than the DNA's. Something tells me a big screen like the DNA's would break much easier but I don't have any data to back that up. I will definitely be casing and putting a cover on my DNA.
    PatyCake likes this.
  5. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

I have a cheap silicone case from VZW, my mom picked up some crap for her GS3, so i tacked it on cause it was practically free in the end. I dont know if Ill bother using it though, Id hate to hide the red on the side as I think it looks awesome.
  6. 05evors

05evors Member

7. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

Skipdawg likes this.