• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DNA will not connect to pc anymore

Live2Race

Aug 30, 2011
I tried looking for this issue but did not see any, so hopefully im correct and not just blind lol

anyways here we go :) , i never installed any software on any pc i hooked my dna up to usb, window always popped up and was able to click on storage folder and transfer files at anytime. Today i plug my phone in the same 3 pc's and a few more to check what is up and all i get now is a screen popping up on the DNA saying slow charging, the connected charger will take longer to charge. Now i have no clue what is causing this now. i have now changed any settings.

anybody have any suggestions why this is happening?

Thank you

I have not changed any settings.

Assuming you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your PC:

Unless you've done a factory data reset, which would change all settings to the defaults, or received a recent JB update, it's possible that a service form a new app/widget has rendered USB debugging, etc disabled, or changed another setting that enables file transfer to and from a PC. Rare but possible. Check settings. ;)

Go back into the menus and enable mass storage and usb debugging, etc. There are several choices in JB that were not in the previous OS. ;)

Also, the reverse could be true; you may need a factory data reset to wash out what bug has caused this.

Upvote 0
Assuming you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your PC:

Unless you've done a factory data reset, which would change all settings to the defaults, or received a recent JB update, it's possible that a service form a new app/widget has rendered USB debugging, etc disabled, or changed another setting that enables file transfer to and from a PC. Rare but possible. Check settings. ;)

Go back into the menus and enable mass storage and usb debugging, etc. There are several choices in JB that were not in the previous OS. ;)

Also, the reverse could be true; you may need a factory data reset to wash out what bug has caused this.

I have not seen any updates, i have it set where nothing updates without me seeing what it is, i have not installed nothing new in weeks, it tried turning debugging on, still same, so i shut it off and still same :( . I just do not understand what could have happened in less than 24 hours. I have only had this phone for 4 weeks and i really am starting to hate it!!

If i have to do a factory reset i will be pissed! thank you for the input and i will wait for a reply

edit: i have not installed any drivers on no pc, i have always plugged the phone in and the pc picks it right up, even at work on my to pc's there, just plug n play, but not no more.

Upvote 0
Could perhaps be a bad usb cord.

The other thing you could try is turning on usb debug mode. Go into settings, then developer options, turn it on at the top if it's off to un-gray the options, then click the check mark on usb debugging.

Good luck.

I have tried the usb debug but nothing :( , you could be right about the cord but i do not think so, why i say this is because when im at work i use the cord to my work cell which is not a dna and at home i have used my wife cord from her stratosphere 2 to move files from my phone, no cords work now. Think a factory reset will fix it?

One thing i do know for certain, i am never getting another phone that does not have a sd card. This just put me in the dislike category of this phone if i have to factory reset it and loose everything. Such garbage :(

Thank you for your input

Upvote 0
I think its something to do with the 4.2.2 update? My DNA almost always displays the USB Connected notification while not connected now as well. Ive tried everything listed here except a factory reset, I'm holding off on that until i find my micro flash drive and can do a full dump. Anyone found a fix or work around?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones