do all insurance companies....General

Last Updated: 2010-05-07 21:04:58
  1. Optimus Droid

Optimus Droid Well-Known Member

Give you tefurbished phones when yours breaks? I'm thinking of getting insurance but can't decide which one.

Advertisement
  2. Optimus Droid

Optimus Droid Well-Known Member

Bumpy bumppppp
  3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I received a brand new Motorola Droid when I accidentally washed washed mine some months back.
  4. Depends on what they have in their warehouses when you happen to file a claim. I've received both new and refurbished phones in the past
  5. absolution

absolution Well-Known Member

SquareTrade does not. And they are having a special coupon today that makes the cost of 2 year warranty plus accidental damage protection $104. Only downside is that SquareTrade does not cover loss or theft.
    FierceDeityLink1 likes this.
  6. Anyone else read Verizons new policy? It makes THEIR insurance pretty useless. Apparently you can buy "Like new" Devices without using your upgrades or ne2 for the 2 year pricing if something happens to your phone. At 8 bucks a month and a 90 dollar deductible it doesnt make sense to have insurance for more then a few months
  7. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

I have heard this mentioned, but I haven't seen this policy in print. Can you link it?
  8. I saw it in the store yesterday. They had a ton of little fliers for it. The front had this information, the back had something else about insurance.
  9. Verizon Wireless’ Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program offers a replacement option to customers who are not enrolled in Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection, and/or Extended Warranty.
    If your device is lost, stolen or damaged and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device to replace your original device.
    If your device experiences a defect after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Extended Warranty, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device to replace your original device.
    There is a limit of one Certified Pre-Owned device per mobile number every 12 months.
    Each Certified Pre-Owned device has been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition. The devices go through:
    A complete 100+ point checklist to ensure every area measures up to our standards of excellence
    Visual cosmetic inspection
    Advanced functional, manual and electronic inspections
    Latest software and hardware upgrades
    Certified Pre-Owned devices come with:
    A battery, wall charger, and other standard accessories that come with a new device
    A User Guide
    One-year warranty from the date of purchase
    Verizon Wireless’ Worry Free Guarantee
    If the Certified Pre-Owned device experiences a manufacturing defect within one year from the date of purchase, we will replace it with a like or comparable unit.

How to Order

Certified Pre-Owned devices are available to existing Verizon Wireless customers who meet eligibility requirements, and can be ordered through Verizon Wireless retail stores or through Customer Service at (800) 922-0204. Certified Pre-Owned devices available through this program are not sold online.
  10. InsuredByGlock

InsuredByGlock New Member

11. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

The big difference is if you use the Verizon pre-owned plan then you are at the mercy of what they have avail when it happens. With Insurance you will get the same phone back.
  12. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

You should also be able to add a "personal property" policy to your auto or home insurance for a few bucks a month you can protect many personal electronic (or other) devices you own.