Do anti-glare screen protectors really work? Recommended brands?

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need some tips, please.

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I got the one from Sprint (in a 3 pack - one anti glare and 2 regular) and I hated it. Made the screen look like crap to me, couldn't handle it. Not sure if they all affect the screen like that or it was just Sprint's crappy one.

3. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

i love the anti-glare. had one on my hero and got the calrivue for my EVO. it does help a lot. i can actually see the phone while outside a lot better. You have to realize though, it will take away from the clarity a bit compared to having nothing on there. thats a deal breaker for most since they dont want to lose any clarity from the screen. if thats the case, then you could always go with the clarivue ultra-clear.

another big thing i love about the anti-glare...it has the matte finish, so it really prevents a TON of fingerprints on the screen and its a smooth feel when scrolling with your finger

here is what i went with:

HTC Evo 4G Screen Protector from Clarivue

4. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Strange, because I think Sprint's normal screen protectors are great. That's what I'm probably going to get if there are no good recommendations for anti-glare.

5. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Boxwave Anti-Glare is amazing. I had one for my Hero. No fingerprints, and it was easy to Swype in high-humidity.

-------------
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

6. kathrynhr

kathrynhr Well-Known Member

I actually like the anti-glare one from Sprint, although it makes the screen look a bit... grainy? Can't think of a better word for it.

Not only does it cut down on glare, but as stated above for these type of protectors, it cuts WAY down on the visibility of fingerprints.

YMMV, as you see above.

7. SprintFun

The normal screen protectors come in a pack of 3 for like $10, 2 regular and 1 anti-glare. So you can try it out for yourself, and if you're like me rip it off and put a clear one on ;)

8. SprintFun

Yea, grainy is a good way to put it. I don't know if they are all like that or what.